Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Heard a rumor that Kindle Paperwhite was $99 yesterday. Fact or fiction?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2014 2:21:53 PM PST
Goddess says:
If so, I missed it.

TIA.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2014 2:22:46 PM PST
Yes. It was a one-day sale.

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 8:40:46 PM PST
marty888nyc says:
Yup.... and the basic Kindle was $49 ...... keep an eye out, because I wouldn't be surprised to see this show up again.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 3:57:46 AM PST
Goddess says:
As much email as they send, it makes no sense that they didn't email about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 5:17:11 AM PST
flipoid says:
I received an email about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 6:54:16 AM PST
King Al says:
They did send an email --- I got one.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:04:56 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
Darn. For that price, I may have gone for one. But, they didn't send out emails to everyone. I just checked my email account (I have been having trouble deleting them so all of them are still there) and there was nothing about a paperwhite deal. But I do get plenty of emails from Amazon so I know that I am on their mailing list.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 8:09:44 AM PST
King Al says:
Did you check your spam folder? For some reason, some of Amazon's emails go to my spam folder.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 8:17:11 AM PST
Don Johnson says:
I can't help but to wonder if this means a new product introduction or upgrade is on it's way.
dj

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 9:01:33 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
Anything is possible and I know everyone is hanging on these rumors of a new Paperwhite this spring but the given reason for the sale was for National Reading Month.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 9:29:39 AM PST
❤ Ann says:
I didn't get an email either, but I've opted out of marketing emails. You can check the email preferences in your account - click "Your Account" at the top of any Amazon page, then click "Email Preferences & Notifications" and see if "Kindle Devices & Accessories" is checked.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 9:53:10 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
I didn't even know that existed. I certainly don't remember opting out of anything. When I looked at it, everything was checked so I get emails for everything. My husband probably went behind my back and told Amazon not to send me any more notifications about Kindles because he thinks I have too many already! (JK about that)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 12:42:15 PM PST
Three different chain stores that sell computers here are having 15%-off sales. That really sounds like there's a raft of new devices on the way, and I'm wondering if the timing could be somehow connected with the demise of support for Windows XP next month.

Amazon could be scheduling a release to coincide with that. Gotta keep up with the competition.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 1:48:33 PM PST
jed clampett says:
but today you can get free financing on the kindles at the non-sale price. If someone can't afford this at 99. why not try baiting them with a financing offer at the higher/normal price? Would have been nice to have seen this offer together with the defrayed payments is all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 1:50:06 PM PST
Proof that you really cannot please all the people all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 2:30:05 PM PST
I'm sure that even if Amazon offered finance on a *free* kindle someone would still complain about the interest rate :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 2:39:30 PM PST
King Al says:
I don't think it is reasonable to expect (or even hope for) Amazon to offer free financing AND a sales price.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 2:40:25 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
It is in Entitlementlandia.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 2:48:10 PM PST
You probably have to sign up for that particular email.

Someone mentioned it in the GBF deals thread or else I would have never known.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 2:49:23 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 2:50:34 PM PST
The Artist says:
That offer is only available in some areas (and to some customers). I clicked on it after reading about it online, and I was not eligible for the financing offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 4:15:16 PM PST
It was that way during the holidays, too. Not everyone qualified then, either. Nothing was ever said about what the qualifications were.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 6:53:21 PM PST
flipoid says:
For the Kindle Fire offer in December, the terms clearly said that 3 places were excluded: Florida, Washington DC, and I forget what the third place was. But you're right--there was no information about what the qualifications were--just those three *exclusions*.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:07:23 PM PST
The Artist says:
Must have been CA.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2014 7:12:18 PM PST
Not CA, because I qualified.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
24 3 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 6260 39 seconds ago
FB&C - Sat. Sept 20 & Sun. Sept 21, 2014, FREE Books and Chat 78 5 minutes ago
Wishing for an E-Ink reader w/Immersion reading 3 7 minutes ago
Won't be buying a new kindle--so take that Amazon!! 26 9 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage delivery 64 14 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 386 15 minutes ago
Transfer of books from one kindle to another kindle 59 16 minutes ago
What? PagePress is in *addition* to Touch Zones for Page Turn? 23 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions