Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Buying Paperwhite from UK for use in Greece

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 4:15:06 AM PST
Shopalot says:
I do have an Amazon account but not a UK address and not UK credit card, can I buy the kindle books and get free downloads from the kindle store? Can I buy any books at all and especially magazines as these are what I read most. Many thanks for your reply.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:18:32 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
you can use a paperwhite in Greece, but you will have to register it to amazon.com and you will have a selection of ebooks to choose from that are licensed for Greece

by free downloads, are you talking Kindle Prime? if so, no that will not work outside the country of the Kindle Store, but there are plenty of free books available

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:20:42 AM PST
Shopalot says:
So I will be able to purchase from .com even though I do not have a US address and card? Can I go on the site and get an idea of what will be available to me before buying the device?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:26:28 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
yes you will - an easy way to find out what is available to you is to download and install on your PC one of these free reading apps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sa_menu_karl3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

after it's registered, what you will see on amazon.com as far as ebooks go (provided you're logged in) is only what you can purchase. Amazon is the worldwide ebook site, so credit cards from all over the world are accepted. One thing you might want to consider, in order to avoid transfer fees for even small purchases is to do what most of the international customers do which is to purchase a gift card for 50 USD (one transfer fee) and use that to fund your purchases.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:27:37 AM PST
Shopalot says:
Thank you so much for your hekp, will look and see if I can buy my UK magazines etc, Cheers!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions