Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Transferring data from Kindle Fire to new Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2012 7:59:04 PM PDT
I just reserved a new Kindle Fire HD. - when I get it will you automatically transfer everything from my current Kindle Fire to the HD Kindle, or will you include help in getting it transferred?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2012 8:54:58 PM PDT
If by "you" you mean Amazon, you aren't reaching them posting here. This forum is for customers to help each other.

They do not transfer the content for you, or help you do so. Your Amazon-purchased content - books, music, video and apps - will all be immediately available for you in the "Cloud" listings, so all you need to do is tap on the ones you want downloaded over WiFi.

If you have your own content that you put on the Fire from other sources, like your own music or pictures, you'll have to move that to your new Fire the same way you put it on the current Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:51:22 PM PST
Smoley says:
That helps me a lot. Thank you for the knowledge.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:22:30 PM PST
Sindilouwho says:
Already knew Bruce's suggestions but the items i am trying to transfer were put on the old kindle fire from the device such as....my web bookmark's and my downloads that downloaded from the internet. Any advise would be awesome. Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Remove Silk Browser from Carousel 0 3 minutes ago
OS 5 Task Switcher is FAR superior to Carousel 0 5 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 4792 6 minutes ago
Kindle freezes 9 19 minutes ago
Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation) Software Updates 2 29 minutes ago
I miss the carousel on my Kindle Fire 6 34 minutes ago
Text-to-speech on Voyage Kindle? 615 36 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6339 36 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 958 42 minutes ago
kindle questions 414 47 minutes ago
my music wont play on my kindle fire 26 56 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions