Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat Monday March. 24, 2014

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2014 12:29:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2014 12:35:05 AM PDT
Leo Little says:
Welcome to Free books and Chat. come on in and browse through the links there are always lots of free books. Have a seat in our overstuffed chairs and put your feet up on the hassocks as you settle yourself in to read the latest treasure you've dredged up out of thousands of free indie publishers or perhaps you were lucky enough to catch one of your favorite well know author's book while it was free.

There's coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the decanters on the counter. Also on the counter there's a variety of freshly baked jelly and cream filled doughnuts apple fritters and I tripled the order of maple bars because they were so popular. Ice cold milk...whole lowfat skim, soy....and newly added delicious Almond milk...is in the fridge beneath.

******** HAPPY *** BIRTHDAY *** Jessica Brooks **********

http://www.freebooksifter.com/?c=11&p=9

Ereaderiq:
http://www.ereaderiq.com/freebies/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

eReaderPerks:
www.eReaderPerks.com

eReaderLove:
ereaderlove.com

Heidoc:
http://www.heidoc.net/amazon/subscribe.php?department=MYSTHR&sort=TITLE&newtitles=on&GO=GO
(use the dropdown menu at the top to find other categories of Fiction as well as Non-Fiction)

Gizmo's Freeware: List of freebie sites
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/50-places-free-books-online.htm

Direct Amazon search:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606011,p_36:0-0,p_15=&hidden-keywords=-domain

SEARCH ENGINE:
http://www.jungle-search.com/US/ After the search populates, I sort by publication date to find the new freebies.

Free Kindle Books (www.kebooks.com) Emails. I usually find several freebies treasures from the emails each day.

Please come back and tell us what you get from the free links. Or if you've read a previously Free book drop in and tell what you thought of it...

** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS **
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday March 25, Start time around midnight PT
Ketta - Wednesday, March 26 - 1am EDT
DonnaBeeGood - Thursday, March 27 - midnight MST
Kajola - Friday, March 28, start time 11 pm- 1 am EDT
Susan - Saturday, March 29 - Start time 11 pm - 6 am EDT
Red - Sunday, March 30 - Start time around midnight PT
Leo Little - Monday, March 31 - 1 am PDT
Ketta - Wednesday, April 2 - around 1am EDT

.✿. Open Dates:

- Pick me
Tuesday, April 1
Thursday, April 3
Friday, April 4
Saturday, April 5

⊱✿⊰ ~~~ NEW THREAD STARTERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME ~~~ ⊱✿⊰Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.

************** We'll help you through it! **************

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.
**************** We'll help you through it! ****************

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

For a no frills version, please visit our sister thread Freebie BOOKS - Links Only - No Self Promotion...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg78?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=78&cdThread=Tx21VD4083ZF1LD
*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮If you would like to find some of our previously posted recipes or to post one of your own...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/cooking/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx211KPGGBLHNC6&cdMsgID=Mx3TF4806AD6YTU&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxQUJZ6FYNH8VQ#Mx3TF4806AD6YTU

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮For All things FB&C:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bxt8Ey-AsMfIUDZUS3p0SnpqZG8/edit?usp=sharing

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

Yesterday's link
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg4?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=4&cdThread=TxCGEJUHUEGNZP

Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To link. *

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bxt8Ey-AsMfIUDZUS3p0SnpqZG8/edit?pli=1&docId=1QigQRRmTKo-D-m7frKfKeRGczPZ1chCwvwHQ89yi6m8

Leo

My cat died last night...I feel my heart withering deep inside, but the rest of my emotions are just numb. Pepper turned eighteen this month. He was healthy most of his life. About three years ago we found him in the parking lot of our Apartment complex unable to move his back legs. We took him to the vet the next morning where x-rays showed a portion of his spine that was offset with calcification. He regained the use of his legs a couple of weeks later after steroids allowed him about seventy percent recovery...I wasn't a cat person before Pepper. He was a special cat that only comes around every so often. When he was little we had a large Black Lab / Dalmatian named Purdy. It was the funniest thing to see this little kitten rolling around and attacking the great big dog. They'd go at it for hours playing back and forth. First the cat would hide and then pounce on the dog causing her to roll, then Pepper would run back for cover with the dog in tow. He never demanded attention like some pets I've had, but he had way of being there when you weren't feeling well. A quiet comfort that always warmed my heart when everything else seemed chaotic. He'd rub his face against my hand but he loved it when I put my head down so we could rub faces with each other. He did whine for treats and we gave him soft food with gravy around dinner time. He loved anything gravy. My whole family loves Pepper He grew up with my girls and saw my granddaughter through ten years of her life. She's asleep and doesn't know that he's passed. I think it will be hardest to tell her. Almost every day she'd come in and nuzzle next to Pepper and give him kisses...not sure he liked the kisses but he tolerated them...Our other cat growls when she kisses him...that doesn't stop her though. She's gotten a few scratches from Crookshanks, for her effort and still she kisses the snarling beast. It will be hard to tell her...I think I'll stop here. The grief at losing a long time friend and family member is starting to well up in my eyes and the screen is a bit blurry. I will miss my friend

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 1:18:51 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Leo
Thank you so very very much for doing a start for us even though you have had this terrible setback in your life.
Eighteen years is quite some track record for a cat and he was there for you every step of the way and obviously helped your healing process quite a few times, he will always be there for you kept in that special place in your heart and will be waiting for you always on the Rainbow Bridge.
{{{Hugs}}}

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 2:37:50 AM PDT
Biscay says:
So sorry to hear this, Leo. He had a lifetime of love, in a family that cared about him and spoilt him - the best thing a cat could wish for. Your granddaughter will be devastated but she, too, has a loving family and especially granddad. You will help each other get through this sad time.

I loved reading about that lovely cat with character. Please copy what you wrote and save it for yourself and the young lady - I know you probably will anyway, but it will be a lovely memory of how you felt and some things that might not come as easily to mind to make you smile later down the track.

I know everyone here is the best at giving words of support so I will leave that to them, but I happened to pop in and wanted to send you hugs when I read this.

Take care,

Biscay x

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 3:46:54 AM PDT
KaJoLa says:
Good morning Leo. Thank you for starting today. I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Pepper. It sounds like he was a very special cat. You will always have those memories. My heart goes out to your granddaughter, I remember how devastating the loss of a pet was when I was a child. It is good you have another pet at home right now.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 4:47:32 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jessica Brooks
°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 6:17:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2014 7:46:59 AM PDT
Suze says:
So sorry, Leo!
I remember you told me when my Snickers died, that you couldn't imagine losing Pepper. It is a very sad loss and I understand.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:09:58 AM PDT
fourthdaymom says:
Leo -- I'm so sorry about Pepper. I know how hard it is to lose one of our furbabies. And, I just have to say -- it feels so "right" and good to have you open on a Monday! Not to slight those who filled in when you were not able to -- they did a great job -- but Monday was your day for so long, I'm glad you are back.

Dale

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:27:18 AM PDT
Good morning all :) Thank you for the start, Leo. So sorry for your loss of Pepper. I have a soft spot in my heart for the name Pepper - for the years that I was catless, I had always hoped I would get a grey cat named Pepper, because the cat would always make me sneeze. I was outvoted, but it was my secret cat's name for years.
Happy Birthday Jessica!

Some books this morning:
Kindred (Earthshaker Series) - Adrianne Lemke - Mystery/Thriller
The Captains (Riverboat Trilogy) - Dave Lloyd - Historical Fiction
The Eyes of Archimedes - Dan Armstrong - Historical Fiction

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:57:15 AM PDT
WYRenegade says:
Good morning everyone!! Leo, good to see you back and starting the thread again. I am so sorry to hear about Pepper, our furbabies mean so much to us. I have had Sissy for 17 years and I can't even imagine losing her. ((Hugs))

Mysteries/Thrillers
Mean Woman Blues: An Action-Packed New Orleans Thriller; Skip Langdon Mystery #9 (The Skip Langdon Series)
Crazytown (The Darren Lockhart Mysteries)
Crazytown: The Witch Tree (The Darren Lockhart Mysteries)
Crazytown: The Devil's Kettle (The Darren Lockhart Mysteries)
Rigged (A Thriller)

Have a great day everyone!!

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 8:22:21 AM PDT
Dustyjob says:
Leo -- Sorry about Pepper. :o(

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 8:46:35 AM PDT
Leo (((Hugs))). A lot of us here know what grief you are feeling. Pepper had a long and loved life. And he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Helen

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 10:25:03 AM PDT
Mieko* says:
Good morning everybody.
Leo sorry for your loss. I sure understand. We lost our two elderly sister cats in early March, suddenly..

Lovely sunny day here today, but we have a week of rain forecast...and still, where we live, it could turn to snow.
I am making bread and I chopped up orange rinds to spread out in the little gardens...to keep neighborhood cats out..I have heard that works.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 10:35:04 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
What about us? by Jacqui Henderson (Romance > Time Travel)

"When you said you could love me Grace, did you mean it? Could you love me enough to trust me? Could you love me enough to give up everything you've ever known, to take my hand and just step off this world, if it was the only way we could be together? Think carefully Grace. Could you?"
Of course she'd said yes. How could she not? Waiting for him at her favourite cafe in Paris in 1912, she doesn't regret a thing, but she doesn't know if he'll be able to come back for her. It's a gamble, but it's all she's got.
Jack was only supposed to be observing, but he meddled and saved Grace's life, thereby changing his future - or was it his past? He knows that they are not meant to be together; it breaks all the rules.
The problem is, they never seem to have enough time. But there again, there is someone who thinks they've already had too much of it. They're not sure who they can trust and they're starting to think that time is a funny thing. While they can't count on it waiting for them, can they count on each other?

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 10:49:20 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
Mean Woman Blues: An Action-Packed New Orleans Thriller; Skip Langdon Mystery #9 (The Skip Langdon Series) by Julie Smith

THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN THE WORLD IS TRYING TO KILL HER...

That would be the Rev. Errol Jacomine, crazy as a fox that just ate a loon, and more dangerous than a cell full of serial killers. She's Detective Skip Langdon, the New Orleans cop who's twice smashed his criminal endeavors, yet each time he's managed to slip away. Now he's mad. In both senses of the word. And he has the connections to have her killed-or worse, those she loves.

After one near-miss and several nasty threats, Skip is driven by fear that she'll lose the people dearest to her. Despite finding herself disgraced in her own home town (seems Jacomine knows how to frame as well as kill), she goes on the hunt for the kind of maniac with a gift for conning people and the extreme makeover to make it work.

THREE ANGRY WOMEN, EACH ONE DISSED, SCORNED, AND HELL-BENT...

But by now Jacomine's madness has escalated to the point that he's finally gone too far with too many people. Before it's over, more than one person's stalking him, and some are women feeling as mean as their quarry. If Langdon doesn't get there first, there'll be a bloodbath. If she does, only one person will walk away-and Jacomine's as lucky as he's ruthless.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:00:20 AM PDT
I have some catching up to do......

Leo, So sorry to hear of your loss.. You have mentioned Pepper several times and know
how special that loved cat was to your family....

Terry, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that your father is peaceful
and not in pain..

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:01:27 AM PDT
@ Leo - I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Thank you for the nice start this morning.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:03:44 AM PDT
Remember my towns new "Event Center"? They just booked an act that I would LOVE to go to...
BUT, They are charging the outrageous amount of $95.00 for tickets...
Reba, I Love your music, but no way can I pay that much...
I will sit at home that night wishing I were there...

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:30:54 AM PDT
Travelqueen says:
Leo, thanks for starting today. So sorry to hear about Pepper. They do so become a member of the family, especially after so many years. (((Hugs))) to you and rest of family.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:33:57 AM PDT
JoJoPNW says:
Leo
Thank you for starting today's thread. So sorry for the loss of your Pepper. Take comfort in the wonderful memories. It sounds like Pepper was a special kitty. ♥

Wishing all a safe and fulfilling day. ♥

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 11:59:41 AM PDT
Leo Little says:
I am so thankful to be a part of this thread even though I haven't been in touch a lot lately. So many kind words and sympathetic souls. Thank you everyone.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:13:36 PM PDT
Josie says:
Leo, I am sorry to hear of your loss of Pepper. Losing a pet, whether you've had it years or months, is always difficult. Pepper seems to have had a great life with you.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:49:47 PM PDT
Lenora says:
Leo, so sorry for your loss.

Terry, thinking of your father, you, and your family.

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 1:05:25 PM PDT
TiUTiger says:
Leo, we are sorry for your loss. We lost our Malden unexpectedly due to lymphoma (his photo is on my profile) so we (DH & I) grieve with you.

@ JoJo - thank you for the name of the documentary. We will look for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 1:08:22 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ JoJo
Your wishlist shows that the following is free right now
WordWrench Lite

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 2:10:27 PM PDT
dinkyd says:
Sorry about your cat Leo its very hard to lose a member of the fam
ily
Terry hope you are coping all right with your dad I know how you feel having recently lost my mum.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions