Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Carl Ashmore fan club

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 19, 2011 1:02:09 PM PDT
I found out about Carl and his book The Time Hunters just last year when he came on the forum to tell us about it. It was about time traveling and only .99 cents, so I took a chance and bought it. Wow, I was blown away by it. It is written for young adults but is enjoyed by young at heart readers like myself and his other fans. We are now waiting for the next book in the series and Carl is such a tease, giving us a few clues to where he is going with the story line. One of the nicest things about Carl is that he is so down to earth and keeps in touch with his readers.

Posted on May 19, 2011 1:20:15 PM PDT
Ann says:
I enjoyed the book as well and am hoping for a sequel.

Posted on May 19, 2011 1:34:12 PM PDT
He is writing the next book in the series right now, and he say's it will be out before the end of the year. He keeps in touch with us and lets us know how the book is progressing.

Posted on May 19, 2011 4:26:01 PM PDT
Hi everyone,
Carl's blog is a great place to find out about indie authors he recommends, as well as what he is up to with writing. I loved the Time Hunters trailer: http://carlashmoreauthor.blogspot.com/

Posted on May 19, 2011 10:21:15 PM PDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Aww, Petrona, I'm really touched. And cheers Ann and Tipp.:) As this is now an official fan-club I shall give you a Time Hunters 2 nugget. Uncle Percy's new time machine is one of these :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chicanerii/2414733459/

Don't look if you don't want to know ;)

Thanks again,

Carl

Posted on May 19, 2011 11:56:51 PM PDT
WOW, cool car Carl, Like I could help myself, I had to look. Can hardly wait for the others to check it out.

Posted on May 20, 2011 8:33:28 AM PDT
Bob Houston says:
Carl
It looks like you could go back 50 years in time just by climbing in. That's what I call a distinguished looking ride.

Bob

Posted on May 20, 2011 8:54:22 AM PDT
Lavender Lib says:
LOVE the cab! But won't it look out of place in 1920's Chicago? Although I guess it is better than an ice cream truck or the VW...closer to the time period!

I am also a member of the fan club! I've read the book twice already, and can't wait for the next book.

Posted on May 20, 2011 8:59:28 AM PDT
Heidi says:
I can't believe people voted down the original post. Shheeessssssh
Anyway, I am another big Carl Ashmore fan. :-)

Posted on May 20, 2011 10:33:49 PM PDT
Glad you guys found our thread. Some people are really strange Heidi, hope the rest of our group finds it soon. Lavender, now that your bathroom has finally been painted I hope everything else falls into place. And Bob, welcome to our club, our members are the nice'st people you can meet.

Posted on May 21, 2011 6:55:35 AM PDT
Heidi says:
I had to peek at the picture. Niiiice. :-)
*waves to Bob* Welcome.

Posted on May 21, 2011 9:15:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2011 9:17:13 AM PDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Lisa , Alice and I have just got back from an afternoon coffee at a canal barge marina. Lavender, it would have been right up your street.

And hello to Bob :) Nice to meet you, sir.

Glad you like the cab, Petrona. It does alot of more things than just drive around, too. But that's a clue for another day :) Trust me, it's a very, very cool car.
Now, Lavender, you, of all people, should know that all time machines are fitted with a standard G6 Invisiblator :)

Heidi, big hugs for you .xxx

Posted on May 21, 2011 10:19:07 AM PDT
Lavender Lib says:
canal barge marina????? *makes note in notebook* That means you could be a stop on my grand tour! *makes another note* Cool!

I've been having so much fun the past few days. I now have my laptop and my desktop on the same desk. So I've been playing games on the old computer, and watching movies on the laptop! Have you seen the movie 2012? It has a Japanese Chin in it! I've watched it 3 times....just to see the Chin. I watched Tremors 1,2,3, and 4....the first was definitely the best. And last night I watched the first season of Numb3rs. I really liked that series - about two brothers, one an FBI agent, and the other a mathematical genius who helps solve FBI cases using mathematics.

This morning, I've moved the flat screen back to the bedroom. I just have one problem. This desk, although beautiful, is just a little too tall, causing fatigue in my wrists. And sitting in the computer chair is not helping my legs much. I just wish I could figure out a way to get the lounger in here....and I would have the perfect set-up! (And I would never leave my bedroom)

Posted on May 21, 2011 11:43:12 AM PDT
Bob Houston says:
Thanks to all for the welcome to the thread.
*gives an energetic high five to all* and heads off to find the Motrin!

Bob

Posted on May 21, 2011 12:28:15 PM PDT
Hello to all new and old members!*BIG Smile and Wink*

Yippiee for the CA Fan Club! I am a member too.
Waiting for my paper back to come in so I can start reading it again and share it with my non kindle friends. ;)
Carl I am loving the black cab! I want one, very cool.

Lavendar, have you thought about gettin a laptop desk for your laptop?
I use mine all the time while reclining on my livingroom sofa. That way I am still hanging out with the hubby but I don't have to watch what he is watching if I don't like it. I love mine!

Hey, Carl got any other little tidbits for us? :-D

Posted on May 21, 2011 11:48:27 PM PDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Hi all,

Happy Sunday to you guys. Lavender, I've not seen Numb3rs but I'm always on the lookout for new TV series boxsets, and you know American TV shows are my favourite. I've just finished series four of 'The Office, an American workplace' and I have to say (and this is a huge compliment) I think it might be even better than the original British version.

Hey, Bob. Excuse my ignorance, but what's a Motrin?

And K, here's a little tidbit. It's not a major plot clue or anything but I'm just writing a powerful scene concerning Maria (who's in floods of tears) and Becky. The reason, well, Becky is wearing something like this :

http://www.vintage123.com/?p=234

Carl
xx

Posted on May 22, 2011 10:18:22 AM PDT
Hi guys, i just wrote a whole bunch of stuff in the other thread, i just hope i'll be able to find it again!! lol

Posted on May 22, 2011 2:58:37 PM PDT
Lavender Lib says:
I love the hats from the '20's....what did they call them? Cloches? When I was watching the Kentucky Derby, they were interviewing some famous person, and she mentioned that word. The '20s was such a wonderful time for fashion. They threw away the corsets, bustles, long skirts, and all other restrictions, and the clothes were very loose and free flowing. It was great if you were tiny - not so great for those "Gibson Girls figures popular at the turn of the century!

I'm getting used to the desk. But I tend to slump and prop on it - not good for long-term working. And if I ever did try to write, I'd be in trouble....my carpel tunnel (and back) acts up after a while.

I cooked a Southwestern Tilapia today for lunch - it turned out pretty well. I breaded the tilapia and baked it in the oven. Then we had a black bean, corn, and salsa mixture to spread over it, with tortilla strips sprinkled on top. I was aiming for the tilapia served at Logans Roadhouse - not as good, but good in a different way.

I'm going to be getting another rescue Chin to foster. She came from a puppy mill in Arkansas, and is now in Mobile. There is a possible home available in north Georgia, but I need to vet her, and make sure that she is house-trained and leash trained first. I'll be driving partway to get her (2 1/2 hrs one way) either tomorrow, or next Saturday. There is another girl in Mobile, and she will be going to Clearwater, Florida.

Posted on May 22, 2011 5:36:35 PM PDT
Bob Houston says:
Carl .. Motrin IB is a brand name, here in the states, for the ibuprofen (NSAID) pain pill. After giving High Fives to all your friends here, I would need more than just one.

Bob

Posted on May 23, 2011 12:04:40 AM PDT
Love the clothing from the 20's, nice clue Carl.

Posted on May 23, 2011 12:50:48 AM PDT
Carl Ashmore says:
Hi Johnna, glad you've found this thread. I'm using both forums now. Oh, and I'm not sure I've thanked you all enough for supporting me over the many months. It means so much . We've been together for ages now :)

Yes, Lavender, they are called Cloche hats, and trust me, Becky is not happy wearing the hat or indeed the bubble-gum pink dress, that Uncle Percy has selected for her.

Ah, Bob, I see. Thanks for Americana lesson. It's one of my fav things about the relationships I've struck up with you guys. I've found loads out about US culture.

And hi, Petrona. I love the 20's clothing too. And I bet you gals would rather like Will Shakelock in his tuxedo :)

Posted on May 23, 2011 7:48:00 AM PDT
Lavender Lib says:
Yum! I love guys in tuxedos!!! Becky needs to get into "dressing up" - I think that would be cool. Although I would not be happy in a bubble gum pink dress either.... *leans over gagging* I have always HATED pink!

Welcome Bob! *waves enthusiastically* I know what you mean about needing Motrin. My arms/shoulders are fine, but my knees are shot. Thankfully, all my arthritis seems to have settled in my knees. Usually it is hips in my family, but mine seem fine for now. (My dad has had 3 hip replacements, my uncle 3, my mom had 1 hip replaced, my grandmother had a hip replacement....)

Posted on May 23, 2011 9:48:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2011 10:01:59 AM PDT
Carl Ashmore says:
That is a lot of replacement hips, Lavender. I hope (in that area, at least) you remain unaffected.xxx

And believe me, Lavender, pink is just about Becky's least fav colour, too. :)

I'll be unveiling a little something about book 3 in the next few days :)

Posted on May 23, 2011 11:17:57 AM PDT
BOOK 3, that sounds good. Lavender,one of my sisters has arthritis thru out her whole body. Like you I only have it in my knees and am waiting to have them replaced.

Posted on May 23, 2011 4:52:25 PM PDT
Hi Carl,
Love the 20s dresses and hats, but I have to disagree with Lavender (sorry). Keep Becky the way she is, disliking "dress up" unless, of course, it is to wear something other than a dress. Maybe in TH3 they could all end up decked out as hippies? I like the fact that you let the characters have their faults (although I don't see disliking wearing dresses as a fault) which is what makes them real.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 84 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  2078
Initial post:  May 19, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions