Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Finding the "last read page" ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2011 10:03:23 AM PST
problem returning to last page read, my Kindle touch always opens at 100%. Can you search for the "last read page" ?

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 10:15:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2011 10:19:41 AM PST
Mellie B. says:
The Kindle is supposed to automatically jump you to the farthest read page in whatever book you open. I was having this same problem and I realized it was because my cover had a little flap that was actually touching the screen and "turning" pages. The KTouch isn't like an iPhone screen, it's more pressure sensitive than capacitive - I've accidentally changed pages with brushes of fabric on the screen. Either get another cover *or* always hit the "home" or "power" button when you close the cover, so it won't skip around in your current book. If you hit the "home" button though, you'll probably open your cover to find yourself many pages into some random book that the cover opened for you, since the device is still awake and registering the cover tapping the screen.

Also - yes if you tap the top middle of the screen it'll bring up the menus, tap on "Go To" in the middle of the bottom row and then select "furthest read". But, bad news, the software thinks that your furthest read is however far into the book you (or the cover) tapped. So if you go to the back page for some reason and then want to go to your actual furthest read point...that's the back page, according to the Touch. Bookmarks are a good way to mark your spot, but a little clunky to use - you have to go to "My Clippings" then find the bookmark hiding amongst all your other hilights and clippings, and then tap it, and then try to go there and then UNbookmark the page you're on...pain in the tush, I think. I just hit the power button and call it done.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Dec 29, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions