Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2013 1:45:08 AM PST
Sue says:
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving-no matter how you celebrate it. Be sure to get plenty of rest for Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping.

For me, I have to work Wed and Thurs so I will be celebrating on Friday. No Black Friday shopping for me. I hate crowds and crazy people shopping and trying to run me down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 3:31:16 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You have a Happy Thanksgiving as well. As for Black Friday shopping, I tried that one year with my mother. We pulled into the parking lot and seen the line of other crazy people there and we hightailed it out of there. Went and had a nice breakfast instead. Never again will I try going to a store on Black Friday.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 3:41:31 AM PST
Arieswoman says:
I live in Michigan, USA and it is crazy. Folks are already camped out at Best Buy! I don't like that the stores are opening on Thanksgiving Day. That is time for family IMHO.
It is cold and I plan on staying home on Friday!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 4:04:06 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I'll be having a good time at the Salon des Vins des Vignerons Indépendants for Thanksgiving. It's an all you want to taste convention of about 800 independent French winemakers displaying, dispensing and selling their wines. Normally you pay 6-8 euros, are give a wine glass (real glass not a plastic cup) and can go taste any wine you want to.

And I'll probably have a duck sandwich

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:25:25 AM PST
We are ex-Pat Brits who've lived in the US for 20 years. With all our family overseas and no family tradition to follow, we go to IHOP, which is always open on Thanksgiving. We take table decorations and board games, stay a couple hours and are careful to leave an oversize tip for the poor souls who have to be working. Our kids are now 20 and 22 and it's still what they want to do with us. You can be grateful anywhere.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:39:22 AM PST
T. Cook says:
Thanksgiving? That was in October, but thanks!

Happy American Thanksgiving to all and happy shopping!

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:44:47 AM PST
Denise Long says:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I'll be one of those (poor souls) who
needs to work on that day. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 5:11:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2013 5:17:42 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I would have, but I took it off

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 5:27:45 AM PST
Happy Thanksgiving all, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to T. Cook.

We will be staying home and hanging out.
And eating of course.

Gobble! Gobble!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 6:20:25 AM PST
There is *nothing* that I want that badly!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :0)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 6:58:55 AM PST
Thanks. Yo have a happy Thankksgiving too.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 7:18:50 AM PST
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions