Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire Questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2013 6:46:03 PM PST
Novelty says:
I find, for the first time since its creation, that I might be interested in a Kindle Fire - but only if it serves my purposes. I am a reader, first and foremost, and I want my Kindles just for reading. I don't intend to use it for movies or music ( although I'll probably use the internet on it, for sake of ease from time to time. ). I'd stick with my regular Kindle, but as I like reading comics and graphic novels, I'm sort of stuck. It's hard for me to keep all my paperback copies of comics because I move around a lot - that's why I got a Kindle in the first place. It's so much easier to grab my Kindle, with all the books I read, then to lug around physical copies. And I'd like to have that ease with my comics/graphic novels/magazines as well.

I've seen some people say that it's GREAT for comics and some say that it sucks. I realize the screen is fairly small, but I have good eyes and I'm young, so I don't think I would struggle to read it. But I'm curious as to what other people say. As I haven't been able to get my hands on a Kindle Fire and test it out, myself, I have to go by opinions and reviews of people online.

Long story short: I want a Kindle Fire for reading novels, comics and magazines. Is it worth upgrading?

Also, how much space would I need? Without music or movies on my Kindle, will I really need the 16 GB?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2013 7:07:53 PM PST
Mike says:
You ask "Is it worth upgrading"? From what?

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 7:27:54 PM PST
Novelty says:
I have the Kindle that came before the paperwhite. It's not the keyboard version.

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 7:30:07 PM PST
Artist says:
If you want to do what a tablet does, then you should get it. You'll probably want to continue to read regular books on your e-ink reader, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2013 7:46:01 PM PST
Mike says:
Well, then, for sure you want a Fire. That's not really upgrading, but buying a different item, a tablet. Upgrade your reader to a Paperwhite, and get yourself a tablet for the comics, graphic novels, magazines and everything else. Don't skimp on the storage space, though. You might surprise yourself as to your needs as you get into it.

Personally, I have a Paperwhite for reading, and a tablet for everything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 2:37:45 PM PST
Hi. Just for my two cents worth.
I currently own the Kindle ereader with they keyboard. I have read hundreds of books on it in the 3 years that I have had it.

Last fall when it was first available I purchased my Kindle Fire HD ..7 inch I believe. I use it nearly daily for e-mail updates, games, magazines, web surfing, and sometimes picking it up for getting caught up on whatever book I am reading.

I have Amazon Prime, which I use all the time. In addition to the above I have watched many movies and tv series on my Fire. I am extremely pleased with both!

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 2:53:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2013 2:54:05 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 2:57:01 PM PST
"... I might be interested in a Kindle Fire - but only if it serves my purposes. I am a reader, first and foremost, and I want my Kindles just for reading..."

These two sentences are contradictory.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2013 2:55:54 PM PST
Novelty says:
Gee, sorry. I didn't meant to make an error. Replace "just" with "primarily" and it'll be correct.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2013 2:57:02 PM PST
Artist says:
The answers that were already given address your question.

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 2:58:16 PM PST
Novelty says:
It sounds like a Kindle Fire is better for people who want a tablet over an ereader. I could keep both, I suppose, but I like having as little as possible that I have to remember to charge/keep track of. It looks like you can use the Paperwhite for comics, as long as you don't mind them in black and white, so I might check that out, too. It seems like I need to actually get my hands on the different Kindles and try them myself for an opinion, since they're so varied.

Thanks for the responses, though. I do appreciate the input!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions