Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2014 12:16:03 PM PDT
New Reader says:
I have loved this series and read and re-read it so many times. Finally, a tv miniseries is soon to be released! I hope it's not disappointing! It's the chance you take when your imagination is faced with someone's reality! Any other and out there?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:19:15 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
When?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:36:22 PM PDT
New Reader says:
The first show airs on August 9 on the Starz network. I'm not certain as to what channel(s) that is? I saw an interview with Diana Gabaldon and several actors that have been cast in the leading roles. I'm not sure that they got Jamie quite right, but we'll see!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:39:35 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I've seen the pictures of the cast and the character potraying Jamie looks pretty good to me.

I only started reading these books a few years ago because the first one was a Kindle Freebie the week I got my first Kindle.

I no longer have cable tv so I will have to find another way to watch it. Maybe it will be on Netflix or Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:42:19 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Starz is airing an early preview online, August 2nd, of episode 1. Here's an awesome link with trailers, etc...

http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:53:36 PM PDT
Starz is a pay channel like HBO/Showtime

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:54:30 PM PDT
peachy .... do you have a fire? If so... DroidTV may be getting it they have gotten other Starz shows (which are really good)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 1:29:44 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I do have DroidTV. Will have to remember to check with them later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 1:38:46 PM PDT
That pic of Jamie and Claire on a horse together is basically the hottest thing ever. IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 1:52:18 PM PDT
New Reader says:
They definitely look good together! They are both Irish actors, I believe. So the accents and coloring are natural - although Sam (Jamie) is blonde. I can't wait to see who else is cast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 1:57:03 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
There's a few other pictures of them looking at each other that make me melt.

I just don't look forward to seeing the violent scenes. Will just have to have my finger on the fast forward button.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:00:00 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Sam is actually Scottish (apropos), Catriona is Irish. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:06:52 PM PDT
New Reader says:
That's funny....Diana Gabaldon said-in the interview I saw where they introduced the actors who play Claire and Jamie- she most looks forward to seeing the depiction of the beating and rape of Jamie at the hands of BlackJack Randall. While it's an important part of Jamie's character, I do hope that they deal with it gently. I wouldn't want it to overpower the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:09:54 PM PDT
The cast is at Comic Con right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:11:28 PM PDT
New Reader says:
I saw him in an interview with Starz... He was pronouncing some of the common Gaelic phrases that Jamie uses in the book. They sound better than I imagined!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:12:06 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I couldn't even read the whole scene. Seeing it on screen would give me nightmares for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:18:15 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
I'm assuming you have to pay for DroidTV, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:19:23 PM PDT
yes, you do ..... it is an app for fires/android devices .... you can even now stream via a couple things (roku?) .... great great great app!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:28:25 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Yes, it's only like $3.00 per month.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:33:48 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
That's not bad at all! I have an android tablet so I will look into it.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 2:42:47 PM PDT
Snoozy says:
Herself has been heavily involved in the making of this series, and seems happy with the portrayals. So I have a lot of faith that it's going to be awesome!

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 2:43:54 PM PDT
dinkyd says:
I am in UK and don't know when it will be showed have seen the clips and think that Jamie seems right for the part Claire sounds really posh though it will be interesting to hear her swear as Claire has colourful vocabulary.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:59:10 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
There's also some youtube stuff that you can find.

Honestly, I get chills when I watch the trailers. It's going to be amazingly true to the spirit of the book, I think.

I haz faith. ^_~

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 2:59:58 PM PDT
Misfit says:
I love the how to speak Outlander videos they've been putting up on FB.

Does anyone know how many episodes this is? I don't bother with the premium channels via Comcast/Xfinity, but is it more cost-effective to pop for an additional $10/month for Starz, or pay per episode. I am such a newb with all this, I usually just watch Judge Judy and the Food Channel.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 3:02:20 PM PDT
dinkyd says:
Apparently its sixteen episodes but its being split eight episodes this year and the rest early next year.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle store not working 2 10 minutes ago
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pre order not delivered for anyone else?? 20 47 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7991 1 hour ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2770 1 hour ago
My kindle won't turn on 3275 2 hours ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 4236 2 hours ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 186 3 hours ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 697 3 hours ago
kindle fire stuck in landscape 79 3 hours ago
"No Internet Connection" Error even when not using the App 0 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2014
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions