Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Prime Price

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2013 4:01:49 AM PDT
Lisa Doyle says:
Hi I know that the Prime Price is 79.00 a year, do they take the whole $79.00 or do it in monthly installments?

Thanks
Lisa

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 4:07:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2013 4:09:30 AM PDT
K. Mallery says:
It's taken all at once, once a year, not monthly installments. I think there used to be a monthly option, but it cost more than $79 over the course of the year.

They tout a whole bunch of benefits, but the only ones that are truly worthwhile, especially if you have Netflix, are the two-day shipping if you buy a lot and the extra discount on subscribe and save orders like diapers.

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 8:59:02 AM PDT
johnrf says:
I think prime is a great deal. I love the free shipping. Shopping for presents for the grandkids I used to have to buy a bunch to get free shipping. Now, no matter the cost, I can get something that only costs a couple bucks shipped for free. You get a discount on shipping most everything. This morning I found that Ace had screwed me and never shipped crock that I wanted this weekend. Found it at Amazon and for $7.99 I'll have it Monday (which is a day off for me). And there is a bunch of free video for streaming. And one free book to borrow for the kindle each month. Of course the shipping is only for prime eligible stuff. For me, its a great deal.

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 9:25:05 AM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
i place at least 100 orders a year for physical goods from Amazon; the shipping benefit is well worth the price. I ordered a 47" TV for a gift for my son who lives in a different state; it was delivered in two days to his home, no additional shipping charge. I feel free to order single items that cost like $8 instead of driving around looking for a store that carries them.

And I watch Prime videos and borrow Kindle books, too. What a deal!

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 11:45:22 AM PDT
Paxton says:
This spring we ordered a very heavy air conditioner that was shipped to us free within two days and arrived on our doorstep. Aside from the free shipping, I didn't even have to carry it from my car.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 12, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions