Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

screen protector

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2013 6:50:08 PM PDT
I got my first Kindle a few days ago, also bought the screen protectors, but CANNOT figure out how to put it on! I know I'm not dumb, but this: "peel this" and "put that" and ... Well, I am totally lost I haven't even fully set up my Kindle because I don't want to mess up the screen! I've read the directions more than once and still can't figure it out. Help! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:09:53 PM PDT
There's more than one screen protector. Did you check the manufacturer's web site for a diagram, or YouTube for a video?

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 7:11:08 PM PDT
Fud53 says:
Then post the directions so that someone else can explain them...or is that to much trouble and you'd rather have people guess the brand and then they have to look it up and explain it.

Personally I never use a screen protector and have had zero issues with my Touch or my original. I guess washing the hands before using isn't common.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:22:32 PM PDT
Sorry. I didn't think of that, as it does have little pictures. It's Marware. I am also high partial legally blind, which is often a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:24:46 PM PDT
Please don't be snide. I am 69 years old. If you are younger, please remember that if you live long enough, you'll get old, too ... and sometimes you may also have an occasional brain burp. I've had a home computer for 20+ years and worked in offices until I retired 3 years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:27:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 16, 2013 2:10:15 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:28:57 PM PDT
Can you have someone else apply it for you? I wouldn't worry about it in the meantime. It takes more to scratch a screen than you might think. Keep it in a cover or case and don't put it in a bag with keys or anything like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:30:41 PM PDT
Thanks for the thumbs up! I'm new to this (duh!).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:39:34 PM PDT
Thanks. I bought a cover but did NOT like it (the Versa black and white one) - seemed about like cardboard with upholstery fabric on it, will return it and have ordered a leather one which had super good reviews. I have a old very simple Kindle (with buttons - not touch), and a NookColor which has been OK but a bit disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 7:41:37 PM PDT
You're welcome. Just FYI, a blister envelope makes a decent sleeve while you're waiting for the new cover to arrive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 15, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions