Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Video Library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2014 5:38:48 PM PST
I have purchased several TV seasons which are in my video library and which I used to watch on my PC. I recently purchased a Kindle HDX 7 and now I cannot watch the items in my video library on my PC...only on the Kindle and iPad2. Any way to correct this?

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:42:29 PM PST
Paxton says:
Did you go to the Amazon Instant Video link from the Amazon page? And then click on Your Video Library? I just did that and was able to see my purchased items and watch them on the PC.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:44:40 PM PST
JoshuaJohn says:
They should play on both since you have access from both devices. Paxton is correct.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 5:45:40 PM PST
B. Marks says:
I think there's a limit of 2 devices per video so if you have a video downloaded to 2 devices already you won't be able to watch it on a 3rd device.

You probably need to research this to check. It's something I remember reading but I've never really looked into it myself. I could remember it wrong.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 5:45:44 PM PST
Artist says:
There might be a limit on the number of devices you can view/download a video to. Ask Customer Service.

I know that when I rented a movie, I had to have CS release one of the licenses when I had a problem streaming it on more than one device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 5:46:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2014 5:50:12 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
Are you streaming the videos, or downloading and watching them offline? I think there's a limit to the number of devices to which you can download, and you might have run into that.

Edit:
From Amazon Instant Video Usage Rules
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200572830

Streaming: You may stream purchased videos online through your Web browser and through Kindle Fire, compatible Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players, set-top-boxes that are compatible with Amazon Instant Video. Click here for a list of devices compatible with our service. You may stream up to two videos at the same time using the same Amazon.com account. You may stream the same video to no more than one device at a time.

◦Downloading: You may download videos you purchase to two compatible download devices, such as Kindle Fire devices, PCs or TiVo boxes.* After downloading a purchased video, you retain the ability to stream that video as described above. Click here for more information on how to download to PCs using the Unbox video player. Click here for more information on how to download to TiVo boxes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 5:48:02 PM PST
Thank you for your response. I have been doing what you suggested but lately when I do that it says I own the season and "watch now" but it won't open the show. The page display is also different from the one I used to see before the Kindle purchase and also the way it appears on the Kindle.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:50:23 PM PST
I will check further into the third device situation. That makes sense. I am streaming the videos not downloading them. Appreciate all of you responding and making suggestions. Will keep you posted on my outcome!! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 5:51:00 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
You can only have purchased content downloaded to two authorized/registered devices at one time. You have the option of removing the content from one device to download to another, or remove one of your devices as an authorized/registered device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 6:00:39 PM PST
Artist says:
And you can only stream to two devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2014 6:52:01 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
True... I was typing my response to Linda's original post about purchasing content while she was posting her response about streaming, or I would have mentioned that. Thanks for adding that on. :)

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 8:57:37 AM PST
Success! I have managed to clear up the problem with the videos and can now view them on my PC and
my Kindle Fire HDX 7. All of you were so on target with your answers. Thank you so much!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions