Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Arrgghh!! The waiting. The decision.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2013 4:28:26 AM PDT
Joel says:
So I've had a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 since April. A couple weeks ago it stopped working. Push the power button and nothing or push the power button and the Kindle logo would come up without any animation, then go away, and darkness would reign.
Took it back to the Micro Center last Fri. and just found out that they have decided they would give me a gift card so I could replace the KFHD which I would have done already EXCEPT for all these rumors about a new KFHD lurking just over, but close to, the horizon.
The part of me that lives for instant gratification is telling me not to wait, just replace the bloody thing.
Another voice yells at me that I should wait until the rumors are made reality.
Now, I haven't seen any new postings about the alleged new KFHD since mid to late August.
Wait? Don't wait? Is it really coming? Anybody actually know anything? Anybody know anybody who actually knows anything?
Trying to be mature, patient, and wait, but I miss my 8.9.
Thanks for opinion or information in advance.
J

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2013 5:10:51 AM PDT
Only you know how upset you'll be if new Fires are announced 31 days after you buy a replacement 8.9.

If you can live with that, buy now. If it will bother you too much, wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2013 5:18:53 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
Amazon would have replaced your Fire, because it was still under warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 6:19:51 AM PDT
Joel says:
Yes. The adult part knows that. I just want some kind of announcement. Jeff, are you there? Something. A crumb. Sigh. No Bezos in sight.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 6:24:02 AM PDT
Hey, hey, hey! We don't discuss adult parts, here. This is a family show.

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 6:35:41 AM PDT
So far, there are only rumors. Perhaps we'll see new models this month but almost certainly they'll be released in time for holiday shopping. Here's one recent article, consistent with the majority of other rumor reports: http://crossmap.christianpost.com/news/new-kindle-fire-hd-2-kindle-fire-3-release-date-2013-new-features-design-specs-ready-for-back-to-school-holiday-shopping-4688
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions