Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon dose not support their Kindle with service

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2013 8:26:46 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 8:29:31 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just how long is a 12 month warranty supposed to last?? I wouldn't use an Apple product if you gave it to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 8:36:55 PM PST
King Al says:
Really? What was Apple's response to Antennagate on the iPhone 4? They told the consumer that they were holding the phone incorrectly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 8:47:40 PM PST
Artist says:
Yes, they "dose."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 8:56:24 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
"Apple supports their products."

Bah.

I have an Apple IIe that my brother gave me when he bought a 486SX, and it's just collecting dust in my closet. It won't even run LAST year's games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 9:28:56 PM PST
Sue says:
You are sooooo wrong about Amazon standing behind their products.
First your Kindle was past the warranty. Like it or not it was not covered and Amazon has no obligation to give you anything.

Second: electronic devices die. They are disposable and that is the way it is today.

If you do not like the one year warranty for the Kindle, you should have purchased an extended warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 9:57:39 PM PST
Out of warranty is out of warranty. You are lucky they offered anything. They didn't have to. Had you been more polite, they would have been nicer. I know of people who had busted Kindles 6 months out of warranty who got a new one for half price. It pays to be nice, and polite, and soft spoken. It costs to be burly, bitchy, and accusing. Insult people, yell at them, etc, and they become less inclined to help you in ways that they could but do not have to. When did Apple give you anything for an out of warranty item? Never is my bet. If I'm wrong about that, do post the details...how apple gave you a brand new Power Mac for the out of warranty iPod you complained about, or whatever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013 11:17:31 PM PST
You can get a new screen on ebay and fix it yourself...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171036358635

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111079379188
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions