Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

registration problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2013 7:54:50 AM PST
I am trying to register my Kindle HD 2nd generation, and after I enter my password it says there's a problem registering your Kindle at this time, please try again later. I'm entering everything correctly. How can I get this thing to take my info?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:03:11 AM PST
Karen, did you just buy that Fire? If yes, did you get it from Amazon?

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:12:48 AM PST
I bought it from a friend a few weeks back, didn't know anything about Kindles, it said "Mallory's Kindle up till last nite. My grand daughter had been playing games, I was browzing on it....it had all the functions. This morning it says "My Kindle" so appearently last nite Mallory disabled her account, now I can't register it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:17:28 AM PST
Was it your friend's Kindle? Or did she get it somewhere? If it came from somewhere else, and the original owner reported it lost, you won't be able to register it.

Quickest way to get help is to talk to someone at Amazon.

The very best way to talk to someone at Amazon is to use the Help link at the top, then the Contact Us button on the right of the next page. You need to answer a couple of questions, your answers don't have to be exact, then use the Call Me option. Then, the CS person who calls you will have your account information in front of them when they call. Which generally happens almost immediately.

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:17:29 AM PST
I am 110 percent positive that it's not stolen. I just want to call Amazon but can't find a number.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:20:05 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Follow Meya's directions about how to contact Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:20:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2013 8:21:21 AM PST
U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072
Spanish Support: 866-749-7538
International: 1-206-266-2992

What I posted before is the best way though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:21:35 AM PST
none of the question links on the contact us page are working, UGH

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:23:03 AM PST
If you're using IE, try Firefox or Chrome.

Amazon is hinky with IE, and right now, there are a lot of issues with the site.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 8:23:24 AM PST
thank you Meya, thank-you very much

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:23:28 AM PST
I'm not picking on Karen specifically, but I really don't understand why people can't find the toll-free number for Kindle Customer Service.

Open web tab. Go to Google. Type words: Kindle Customer Service phone number. Hit enter.

It's right there. Like RIGHT THERE. I don't even use a phone book or even the White Pages website anymore. I just Google.

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 8:23:52 AM PST
I use Firefox
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions