Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Is is possible to change carousel display on Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2011 2:46:44 PM PST
Ccathy says:
I would like to change the display so that my children cannot see my books. Some of the covers are inappropriate for little eyes to view!

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 2:48:34 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope. That is one of the main complaints, everything you do on the fire ends up in the carousel.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:12:23 PM PST
On my Fire HDX 7", if you press and hold an item in the carousel, you will see a pop-up option to remove it from the display. I have not checked if it reappears once you start reading a book, but if it does, at least you have removed most of the other books in your list and you can continue to remove the current book after each time you open the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 12:33:28 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Michael, what works on your brand new HDX didn't work on the Fire from two years ago, when this question was asked.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 12:44:33 PM PST
The thing is, even though this is now true, if Mommy, say, late at night, takes advantage of the 99˘ sale on "Knights In The Dark" series, all 11 volumes, she's then got to go round up all the little kiddies' Fires, sync them, then hand-delete all 11 titles (assuming she didn't also purchase all 8 installments of "Demon Love Affairs" as well) from each and every Carousel to keep Susie & Johnny from asking, "Mommy? Why does the man in the plaid dress have it hiked up, bending the lady over the back of the chair like that?"

It's a problem.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 2:10:32 PM PST
How about...you don't let the kids get near your Kindle? You could even give each kid their own e-ink Kindles registered to a separate account, so they will be too busy reading their own things to bother about what you are reading, and they won't have access to your books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 2:48:33 PM PST
U.R.Nuts says:
Folina,

In my opinion your thinking has a major flaw . . .

In the situation you described neither Susie nor Johnny would have to ask Mommy such a question because they would have already clicked over to the internet and gotten all these questions answered, and likely many more for that matter.

In other words; Why be concerned about one listing of books on one carousel when the entire world's internet can be easily accessed? Parents should be happy if their little cherubs just look at their carousel!

Just my 2˘ worth on the matter . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 2:58:51 PM PST
BJWright says:
Erin - the problem with that is they don't get take advantage of Prime if they have it. Also, if you purchase an app, movie, or children's book it is only available to the account that purchased it.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:13:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 27, 2014 3:14:16 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 3:14:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2014 3:17:43 PM PST
U.R.Nuts says:
BJWright,

You Stated:
"... it is only available to the account that purchased it."

To That I say:
What you have described as a problem is actually the solution to the initial concerns of the original poster. The separate account would make the "other carousel" inaccessible to those users. Exactly what the poster wanted.

And, if it were my child, I would have e-inks being the devices for the children's account (as suggested by Erin). This would, of course, virtually disallow access to the internet, and that would be a good thing in reference to children's access. . .

Just my 2˘ worth on the matter . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 5:39:47 PM PST
Then you buy your smut on a separate account and register an app to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 8:59:08 PM PST
U.R.Nuts says:
Exactly, then once you think your kids are old enough to enjoy your smut with you, well, then we can address some changes at that time. But, make no mistake, they will be viewing sumt way before you deem them old enough.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 9:06:33 PM PDT
Ms. Bee says:
Can u share music in the cloud

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 9:13:59 PM PDT
Ms. Bee says:
Can u share music in the cloud

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 5:36:42 AM PDT
Can you start your own new topic rather than hijacking this person's?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 10 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
transferring from one collection to another 0 41 seconds ago
delete full screen 15 4 minutes ago
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 531 8 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 7449 10 minutes ago
How to view Audiobooks from Audible in the Kindle Hdx Fire 7 6 12 minutes ago
Fire HDX 4.5.2. Update 28 14 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage One Handed 0 15 minutes ago
Power Point 1 15 minutes ago
Old kindle keyboard model to paperwhite 4 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions