Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Problem AGAIN with words with friends

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2013 8:06:46 PM PDT
Shaggy says:
Now when I play Words on my kindle, it won't send the move. Just a little spiral icon shows up and goes round and round. Tried turning off kindle and it will do it again that way. A couple of weeks ago, I had some troubles and uninstalled WWF and reinstalled it and now can only connect with two of my friends and not with Facebook. Anyone else having troubles? I just like playing this with friends, it keeps me connected as I am retired. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2013 7:05:29 PM PDT
M. Gordon says:
Yes I am having same problem 3 days now. But kindle fire hd works fine. Problem is on kindle fire. Have tried reinstall and hard reset

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 7:31:17 PM PDT
Have either of you contracted the developer of the app and described your issues?

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 8:02:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2013 8:02:47 PM PDT
Shaggy says:
I have and not heard back from them...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2013 6:01:34 PM PDT
mercurymlv says:
Yes, me too. I think Zynga has very poor support. They make it very complicated to even contact support.

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:59:01 AM PDT
Anyone have a solution ? just started on my Kindle Fire as well

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2013 9:46:47 AM PDT
M. Gordon says:
No I have not found any solution. Sent another email to zynga..but they do not reply.

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 7:21:19 PM PDT
Same here. I even truer removing wwf from facebook with no luck..still not sending moves!

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 8:28:22 PM PDT
f.hanks says:
Have not been able to use my Android WWF for 2 weeks. Takes 4-7 minutes to load a word, and another 4-7 minutes to send an IM. Something is seriously wrong. When I went to Zynga and explained my situation, ( I have uninstalled and re-installed at least 5 times now) they 'listened' gave me an 'incidence number' and then said "We will not REPLY to your request for assistance."
Hmmmmmmm some kind of customer service that is, eh!

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 8:28:35 PM PDT
f.hanks says:
Have not been able to use my Android WWF for 2 weeks. Takes 4-7 minutes to load a word, and another 4-7 minutes to send an IM. Something is seriously wrong. When I went to Zynga and explained my situation, ( I have uninstalled and re-installed at least 5 times now) they 'listened' gave me an 'incidence number' and then said "We will not REPLY to your request for assistance."
Hmmmmmmm some kind of customer service that is, eh!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2013 8:30:03 PM PDT
f.hanks says:
IMPOSSIBLE as it see it!

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 6:04:40 PM PDT
Aunt N. says:
My words on my Kindle Fire no longer totals points until you hit submit. This problem occurred before the update and continues after the update. This has happened several times before and eventually it corrects itself.

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 3:09:18 PM PST
ESS Mom says:
I think it's a general WWF problem; I play WWF on my iPad mini, and have been having constant problems with it taking several days to update the games. Quite frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 6:24:33 PM PST
I have a worse problem than that. All the people I was playing with on my kindle fire are gone. When I open WWF it has instructions on how to use my kindle. I now have to play on my computer to keep things going. I don't know how to get the original WWF & all my friends & family players back. Any suggestions. Why did this happen after all this time of playing the game????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 6:26:11 PM PST
I have a worse problem than that. All the people I was playing with on my kindle fire are gone. When I open WWF it has instructions on how to use my kindle. I now have to play on my computer to keep things going. I don't know how to get the original WWF & all my friends & family players back. Any suggestions. Why did this happen after all this time of playing the game????

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 5:20:21 PM PST
Toi Turner says:
I haven't been able to play WWFs on my Kindle Fire for two months!!! :-( I've called Amazon at least 8 times and I get the same response; we are "coordinating" with the developers/Zynga to figure out what the problem is. I missed playing the game on the KF; would much prefer that then on my computer via Facebook. I wish the experts would find a solution!!! It was working SO well!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 5:59:26 PM PST
flipoid says:
The Zynga developers are notoriously unresponsive. I have left feedback/tried to contact them several times since I first started playing WwF on my iPod touch in 2010. I have yet to get a response from them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 6:36:56 PM PST
Mike says:
You're not the only one Toi. There are many threads on this forum about problems with WWF. As popular as that game seems to be, one would expect the developer to be much more responsive, but they're not!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2013 6:19:19 AM PST
I have a friend who reviews online games, and she confirms that Zynga really doesn't give a rat's patootie about "fixing" the games. They take the tack that games come and go so quickly that they really don't care if they don't quite work.

Their focus is to get the NEXT game out there, and get people playing it -- not to spend time & resources on "old" games.

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 8:42:16 PM PST
Pamela R says:
WWF....latest upgrade changed the background color in chat to navy blue stripe and black text...very hard to read. what's with that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 10:58:42 AM PST
Shaggy says:
It IS very hard to read! I don't know why I continue with this app. I do likeit, but it has a lot of problems!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 2:16:06 PM PST
lyn says:
I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve your?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 2:57:42 PM PST
Shaggy says:
I just it off my kndle, waited a couple of weeks and tried again, so far so good. I don't do any updates on it as I am afraid it will go bonkers again. Holding my breath with it, lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 2:58:53 PM PST
Shaggy says:
I have vision problems and it is VERY hard to read, why do they mess with it?

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:06:43 PM PST
linda simms says:
My words, with friends has stopped working, kindle fire Linda Simms
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
82 1 day ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Don't Want Synching Across Devices, But Synching Still Happens 3 9 minutes ago
deleting books from Kindle Paperwhite 224 20 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 1652 20 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Sunday 13th July, 2014 106 24 minutes ago
Buffering 2 25 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #3 9309 28 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9342 37 minutes ago
how do i tell what generation my fire is? 33 44 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3158 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions