Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

public domain children's books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2013 9:24:45 PM PST
TuxGirl says:
Does anyone have recommendations for public domain children's books? I am particularly interested in books for younger children. My daughter is 4, and is finally able to sit through shorter chapter books (a couple chapters a day), as long as she finds them interesting.

Books for early readers would be great too, as she is reading at a very basic level right now. We have the mcguffy's reader in level 1, but I would love to have some more things she might enjoy reading. Some of the stories in that are not as engaging.

She has enjoyed a lot of the Beatrix Potter stories, although she isn't able to read those quite yet.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 9:36:18 PM PST
Artist says:
Here's the link to public domain children's books that are available for free at Gutenberg.org.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Children's_Literature_(Bookshelf)

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 9:45:01 PM PST
TuxGirl says:
I've looked through those. Just looking more for recommendations. :) I know there was a thread here a while back where people discussed favorite public domain books, and I got some great book recommendations from there for myself. I'm guessing there may be similar recommendations here specific to children's books.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 9:54:45 PM PST
R. Nelson says:
A thought might be to see if your local library participates in using Overdrive/Libary2Go - they have a selection of kids books that can be borrowed for the kindle. Selection varies by library and sometimes the wait on books can take a bit, but might be worth an exploring trip.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2013 10:17:35 PM PST
Artist says:
You know what, Tux? I never looked at the name of the person who asked the question! I wouldn't have provided that link if I had known it was you asking, since I would have known that you had already checked it out.

How are the kids? How old are they now?

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 11:03:05 PM PST
TuxGirl says:
The munchkin turns 4 in a couple weeks, and little man is almost 10 months. They have been keeping me very very busy (especially currently while both are fighting colds and both want mommy to hold them all day long)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2013 12:00:07 AM PST
TuxGirl, I have a digital copy of this: The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark (Jill Tomlinson's Favourite Animal Tales) which was one of my own childhood favourites. Contact me through my profile if you're interested.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1355 30 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
battery life on kindle fire hd 366 5 seconds ago
OASIS: Please Amazon! 36 2 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1557 3 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 3223 5 minutes ago
Empty Battery Screen 71 6 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3841 9 minutes ago
Is my Paperwhite 1st or 2nd Generation? 35 16 minutes ago
'The book could not be opened...' error?? 86 17 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2117 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions