Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Friday, Sept. 27, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 126 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2013 10:24:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 9:18:00 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:24:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 10:07:27 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:25:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 4, 2014 9:18:11 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:53:57 PM PDT
I just saw this on facebook and had to share...

NEED WASHING
A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence.

It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout.. We all stood there, under the awning, just inside the door of the Wal-Mart.
We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day.

I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

Her little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in, 'Mom let's run through the rain,'
She said.
'What?' Mom asked.

'Let's run through the rain!' She repeated.

'No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit,' Mom replied.

This young child waited a minute and repeated: 'Mom, let's run through the rain..'

'We'll get soaked if we do,' Mom said.

'No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning,' the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

'This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?'

'Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, ' If God can get us through this, He can get us through anything! ' '

The entire crowd stopped dead silent.. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain.. We all stood silently. No one left. Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.

Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.

'Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just need washing,' Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They got soaked.

They were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories...So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories every day.

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.
I HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:55:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2013 10:56:58 PM PDT
Wendy, You always have such nice starts..
Love the tea in the open.. it's made with cough drops.
These are the ones I use...
Halls Cough Drops, Honey-Lemon, 9 Drops (Pack of 20)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 10:59:48 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ LoB
What a wonderful start - you have me laughing and that is a really good thing.
Worrying really that I can relate to nearly all of the 20 points here - but then again I can't remember what they all are ;-)

P.S. you have me working so early in the morning - love the graphics

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 11:01:03 PM PDT
Thank you Sandy. That is tea for those who drink tea and coffee for those who drink coffee. It has can have a cough drop in it or a splash of Baileys if that suits. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 11:03:07 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
and you brought tears to my eyes - thank you so much for sharing ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 11:05:05 PM PDT
It seemed like a good day for some humor red. I thought it was funny as well. Elizabeth sent it to me a while ago and I have just been waiting for the right time to use it.

I know it's getting close to time for you to leave for work.... Hopefully today will be a better day for you. ❤

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 11:14:46 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Yep I am off now - all is good just have to roll up the week, and do all the statistics for the end of the financial month and prepare myself for the weekend ahead - with no particular plans yippee TGIF
Take care everyone - catch you all later

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 12:51:29 AM PDT
*** This book is free until 12:00pm PT Friday ***

Almost a Family (a feel-good romance) by Stephanie Bond

Ten years ago Virginia Catron and Bailey Callihan had to get married, but they loved each other fiercely and adored their son when he came into their lives. Fate dealt them a cruel blow when their infant son was snatched in a grocery store. Their new marriage couldn't withstand the strain and when it became clear their baby would not be found, they divorced, brokenhearted and grief stricken. They haven't seen each other since their divorce was finalized. The story opens when word arrives that their son has been found...alive. Can these three virtual strangers come together to make a family?

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 12:54:55 AM PDT
Wearing the Spider (A Suspense Novel) (Legal Thriller) (Thriller)

Evie Sullivan has her eye on making partner at her high-profile Manhattan law firm, and she's more than willing to sacrifice her personal life to reach her goal. But when she's accused of slipshod work-bogus expense reports, incomplete letters to important clients-she discovers that someone at the firm has stolen her identity and is sending e-mails from her secured PC. Not knowing who to trust, Evie is forced to do her own investigating if she is to uncover the truth behind who's sabotaging her. Schaab's debut legal thriller is dense and intense and plays effectively with the visceral fear that everyone's identity is open for theft.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 1:14:06 AM PDT
That book is so very good.. I read it earlier this year..

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 1:21:41 AM PDT
I also read it earlier this year or late last year. I love Stephanie Bond's books. I was surprised to see that it is only free for less than 12 hours. Many posters won't have time to pick this up sadly.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 2:41:10 AM PDT
Good morning

LoB, your list made me laugh, thank you for this! The second after, Sandy, you made me cry, what a nice story.

I am starting my day with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. What more can I ask for...

Have a great day!

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:01:06 AM PDT
LOB, Loved your list this morning. Great start...especially for those of us who question whether we did something we were supposed to do.
And a beautiful story, Sandy, thanks for sharing and giving us a moment to think about what we say.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:31:01 AM PDT
KayKay says:
Thanks for the start LOB -a great one as always

@ElizabethSH -thanks so much for the gift of NOT FREE Wild Night Is Calling. You are so generous and so appreciated. Thank You.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:55:26 AM PDT
GolferGirl says:
Good morning all!! Looks like another day in paradise LOL - it's our year end so we are trying to close a a bazillion deals !!!!

LOB - ahhhhh the soothing cup of coffee/tea is a perfect way to start my day - and your "list" is perfect -

Red - I haven't been on Shelfari because I'm just not sure of its purpose - I wander over there download my new "purchases" and then can't figure out what to do with them next - I haven't spent the time yet to sort them and such - hopefully this winter - it's still golf season here :)

Charlie - good luck on your interview!

Suze - it's nice that you are getting to spend time with Landon! My Landon just turned 5 and I just love spending time with him!!! I hope to take him to Atkins Farm in South Hadley to build a scarecrow (if they still are doing it). Grandchildren are the BEST! spoil them and then send them home :)

Sandy - what a great story! made me tear up too!

Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll try to pop in later :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 6:17:24 AM PDT
Biscay says:
LOB and Elizabeth, that was a very good list! I loved No. 15.

LOB, don't tell anyone but do you think I could sneak a nightcap of some port into that pretty teacup? Pretty please?

Sandy, you posted a lovely thought there too. Good to remember...

Hope everyone else is having a not-too-gruelling Friday. I'll look forward to reading everyone's weekend plans and activities over the next 48 hours or so :)

Biscay x

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 6:20:20 AM PDT
Suze says:
´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` FRIDAY QUESTION´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

Take tonight off from cooking dinner and order in a pizza!! What topping(s) would you
prefer?? 🍕🍷🍕

Has anyone made their own homemade pizza, starting with the dough?? How was it, was it worth the time and effort??

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 6:58:02 AM PDT
Suze says:
Thanks LOB ( and Elizabeth),

Funny because they are so TRUE!
LO was outstanding today, LOB! I hope all your work there is appreciated....I look forward to what you are going to come up with each day.

Hey GolferGirl,
Enjoy your Landon! 5 was one of my favorite ages, so enthusiastic. I love kids' activities too....have fun making a scarecrow. I tried for babysitting tonight, but that's not possible, so at least I have a firm offer for next Friday night. Yes, I am loving the "enjoyment, but little if any responsibility" part of beng a Grandma. It sure is fun.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:07:26 AM PDT
Good morning all :) Thank you for the start, Lover Of Books. Count me in with the crowd that was smiling through tears after Sandy's post.

From my watchlist today:
Love's Chance (Love Trilogy #3) - Tracey Smith - Romance
Family by Choice Compilation - Robin Nadler - Romance
Notorious (A Nate Richards Mystery - Book One) - Ray Ellis - Crime/Mystery/Thriller
To the Grave: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #2 (Jefferson Tayte) - Steve Robinson - Crime/Mystery/Thriller

Other picks today:
September Dawn - Carol Whang Schutter- Romance
An Arranged Marriage By Minnie Adams - Minnie Adams - Romance
The Attorney Conspiracy - C. Terry Cline Jr. - Crime/Mystery/Thriller
The Dark Before Dawn (A Gabriel McRay Novel) - Laurie Stevens - Crime/Mystery/Thriller
Reason To Believe - Leslie Ann Dennis - Romance
Porcelain Dolls: A No Secrets in Evergreen Novel - Jim Riley - Crime/Mystery/Thriller

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:08:40 AM PDT
Dustyjob says:
I'm a Chicago girl -- make my pizza with Italian sausage, onions and green pepper. I make pizza every Saturday night from scratch using my bread machine for the dough. This gives me the opportunity to control the salt. When I'm feeling really energetic, I make my own sauce (same reason -- less salt). Since we can't find a decent Chicago-style pizza in AZ, this is as close as we can get. It's no more time-consuming than making a regular meal. Use a pizza stone in the oven for an extra crispy crust.

Mmmmmm -- pizza tomorrow! ☺¢¾☺¢¾☺

Jean

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 7:13:28 AM PDT
Dustyjob says:
@ DonnaBeeGood -- I have read the three novels by Jefferson Tayte and find the books to be excellent. I'm not much into genealogy (my DD is), but his novels are well-written and very interesting and really get you caught up with the characters, both past and present.

Jean

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 7:27:39 AM PDT
Thanks for the info jean - always good to hear how to rearrange my endless TBR list!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 46 1 minute ago
moving books 1 1 minute ago
Kindle Japanese Book format Kindle vs iPad kindle app 0 2 minutes ago
Something with Kindle First that I don't understand... 6 2 minutes ago
Isssue: Paperwhite jumps back and forward a couple of pages without any touch on screen during reading 2 2 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7990 2 minutes ago
Amazon Oasis 829 9 minutes ago
how to register a kindle 3 14 minutes ago
Kindle Fire - screen lock for toddles watching movies? 99 16 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 4482 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  126
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions