Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Dead Kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2012 4:07:50 PM PDT
Jacob Graff says:
I've had my kindle fire for about six months now and it was working fine this morning and was completely charged. When I went to use it this afternoon it was completely dead. I plugged it in thinking that it only needed to be charged but it is completely unresponsive, the charging light doesn't even come on. Is there anyway to fix this problem without having to purchase a completely new one?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:11:59 PM PDT
*nospin* says:
Press the power button in the on position for 30 seconds.
Charge it for four hours without touching it.

Do a hard reset again if it does not come on normally.

Contact Amazon for replacement if needed. Full one year warranty.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:14:21 PM PDT
Jacob, try the hard reset and if that doesn't fix the issue, contact Kindle support as the Fire is still under warranty.

Hard reset - Remove charging cable, if plugged in. Press and hold power button 30 seconds (time it). Press the power button one more time to turn the Fire on. Within 3 minutes you should see some activity. If not - contact Kindle support.

Kindle support - click on help at the top of the page and then the contact us button on the next page. I'd use phone, if possible. I use the option to have Kindle call me. They call within 1 minute.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:16:05 PM PDT
This exact same thing happened to me today with my Kindle Fire, I am so frustrated at this point. Please let me know if you get yours to come back on. I am going to follow the instructions as listed below but I am really upset as I love my Kindle and don't want the hassle of having to wait for a new one. Thanks and good luck!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:18:53 PM PDT
Chances are the new one will reach you in two days. I had to get a KF replaced and it got it in less than 2 days. You just need to return the damaged one to Amazon within a certain time frame (I think it was 30 days) or they charge you for the replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 4:19:17 PM PDT
Jacob~ I just did the hard reset and it worked perfectly and it is on...well at least on the start up screen. Thank you to the advice of those who posted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 11:24:10 PM PST
james myers says:
The Hard reset recommended by vjvl51 worked for me. Thank You.

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 12:52:13 PM PDT
Mine just magically came on today with a one second touch after being dead for 3 days .....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 12:53:39 PM PDT
ZOMBIE!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 12:54:50 PM PDT
Wait! Or Jesus!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 1:08:05 PM PDT
Or Allah. Or Buddha. Or .... ..... or..... flying spaghetti monster.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 1:10:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2014 1:11:27 PM PDT
Yes, you may have your choice of deity. Wait. I thought I was on the "Thank God You're Not Going To Repeat Your Word Salad" thread.

No, I meant Jesus. The resurrection after 3 days thing. Kind of his thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 1:15:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2014 1:16:16 PM PDT
The Artist says:
Could you do me a favor? Could you touch a glass a water?

Edit: Just wondering....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions