Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire w/ Linksys Router works

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 6:51:12 PM PST
V. Williams says:
I don't want to speak too soon, but I am finally Wi-Fi worry free. Previously, I had connection issues like a lot of us in this forum. My problems started easing up when I talked to tech support and I was becoming more tolerant of the 30 second to 2 minute wi-fi connection delay believing that, that was just the behavior. Finally, I decided to update my firmware on my router; I re-added all of my mac addresses again; I removed my wi-fi from the fire by pressing forget; and finally added it again. Presto!!! My fire connected instantly! I allowed it to go into sleep mode a few times (instant connection)...I shutdown a few times (again instant connection)...I held in the power button for 20 seconds or until the screen blacked out then turned it back on (connected instantly again). I pray my wi-fi issues have been resolved. I'll repost tomorrow if I continue to have good or bad connection.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 4:04:42 AM PST
V. Williams says:
Instant connection this morning...no waiting.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 4:08:12 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
I've never had any problems connecting on my Linksys/Cisco wireless router.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 10:04:31 AM PST
Vicki L says:
Please post the model number of your Linksys router.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 10:30:39 AM PST
V. Lawless,

Here is an older one that I have that works great with lots of wireless devices I have including the Fire -> Cisco Linksys Refurbished E1000 Wireless-N Router

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 7:21:05 AM PST
Vicki L says:
Got my Linksys WRT54GSV4 router to work with the Kindle Fire by resetting the router back to the factory defaults (the original password combo is admin/admin) and then changing our password the one we normally use as well as changing the security keyword back to the one we normally use.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 11:32:45 AM PST
Your post gives me hope! I have not had wireless networking previously, so purchased a Zonet (something or other) and could not connect; my newphew (computer literate and has wireless/wi-fi at home) was unable to link up either. Better believe, I took that back. I just purchased the Linksys 1500 router, and hope it works!

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 9:14:34 PM PST
V. White says:
HELP! Electronically brain dead...okay I have a new Kindle fire and cannot use it! It will not connect. I have a mac book pro and works fine but sometimes slow. I use a Linksey router. What do I do??? I also tried hooking us a D link video streamer, that too does not work. My sister suggest a new router. Is that what I need?? Yes I have reset it....What else.
thank you any help .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 12:02:24 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
How old is your router? You may need to update the firmware. You can get instructions from Google if you do a search.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:31:45 AM PST
prettyears says:
I need help. I have a linksys router - and my kindle mysteriously quit connecting. I reset the router, reset to factory my kindle . . nothing. I went to Starbucks and also did not connect. So Amazon sent me a new one. SAME PROBLEM!!! So its not a hardware issue. What can I do?

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 6:25:35 AM PST
ATAND says:
I have a kindle fire and now a kindle fire hd 8.9. My fire always has trouble connecting, but the new he connects every time. Tech Supp. Said that the router I have works great with the hd but he has heard that people with my router have difficulty getting the older fire connected. Wasn't able to tell me which works with both. I have a netgear "n". Not sure what the "n" stands for, but I know its important.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK #78 and still going! 6018 13 seconds ago
Nonsense 13! We're the lucky ones. 1554 1 minute ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3932 2 minutes ago
deleting cookies from my Kindle 3 2 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 3332 6 minutes ago
frustrating language barriers w/support personnel 56 11 minutes ago
problem getting word definition/Wiki link to work 2 11 minutes ago
My kindle fire now wants an internet connection to play angry birds 75 11 minutes ago
why can't i log into netflix with another account on my kindle fire hd, 11 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions