Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Halloween
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire will not sync to furthest page read on other devices

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2012 8:26:13 PM PST
R. Matu says:
I read not only on my Fire, but my iphone and ipad. If I read on my ipad or iphone and then open the book on the Fire, the Fire will not sync to my furthest page read. Can someone help me with this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 9:33:29 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
Did you try touching the sync button at the top of the screen?

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 3:38:28 AM PST
I wonder if android devices don't synch. My Kindles synch just fine.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 5:30:22 AM PST
R. Matu says:
I have tried syncing with the button at the top and the button in the menu at the bottom of the screen. I just can't get it to sync from ipad/iphone to the Fire. I have no trouble syncing from the Fire to iPad/iPhone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 5:44:07 AM PST
Others have mentioned syncing problems with the iphone/ipad app.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 5:47:44 AM PST
Mary McManus says:
Try doing a manual sync from the iPhone or iPad. Or if not, at least go from the book on the iThing to Home which should also cause a sync. I've never had problems syncing on the Fire or those two devices.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:25:35 PM PST
R. Matu says:
Still no luck. Time for a support phone call! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:39:43 PM PST
J. Duffy says:
I'm having this problem between Kindle 3 and iPad2. I've been a user since Kindle1 and this is the first time I've had this problem. Has anyone heard anything official?

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 8:54:43 PM PDT
Skydog says:
This is a late post to the thread but I had the same problem with my Fire following a recent update to v6.3. The answer to the lack of syncing is a hard-reset (you will not lose your data/files) by holding the power button for 20 seconds and releasing. When the Fire powers up again, go to the settings icon (top-right) and then tap on "sync." This only needs to be done once and will now get the Fire back in sync with other Kindles. Now, when a book is opened (with a wifi connection) you should see the gray dialog box pop up immediately with either a "already at furthest location read" or "xxx kindle is at location xx would you like to go to that location?" message.

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:33:43 AM PDT
CSV11 says:
My problem is getting my IPad 3 to sync with the furtherest page read on my Kindle Fire. Anyone have a solution for this? I have hit the sync button on both my IPad and Kindle Fire.

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:43:43 AM PDT
Sync the Kindle Fire first (being sure to connect to the internet beforehand), then sync on your revolutionary new iPad.

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:49:57 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"Kindle Fire will not sync to furthest page read on other devices"

I don't have a Fire - but there are times when my different devices won't sync with each other.. For instance, read a bit last night using my Kindle Keyboard and this morning when I opened the book on my Kindle android app it didn't sync.. tried to do it manually, but it said I was at the farthest point already.. Guess sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't..

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:54:59 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
I find you really must go the the HOME page on the keyboard when finished reading, and 'check and sync' before putting down the device. Then all my other devices can find the furthest page.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 9:57:51 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
Thanks - will give that a try...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 11:38:28 PM PST
Cyd says:
My Kindle Fire hd automatically synch'd with my android phone (the phone was already listed as one of my devices in my Manage Your Kindle list), but I'm having problems getting it to synch to my iPad 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 11:55:42 PM PST
@Cyd: Many people have found that they need to manually sync the iPad to the account before and after reading.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 10:17:44 AM PST
Cyd says:
I had already tried all the normal things (including always leaving my devices on the Kindle home page before signing out - I've had to do that for quite some time to get my Android to synch with my iPad - the iPad reads the Android w/no problem - getting the Android to update was trickier), it doesn't recognize the last point read on the iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 9:53:16 AM PDT
I am having the same problem on my Android phone. I "sync" it but it still does not go to the farthest point read. When I "back" out of the book I am reading, it backs up to a page, then another page, then maybe to 3% of the book, then back to the main page. Does not sync and to go back into the book, I have to start all over again and resync it. It gets close to the farthest point read, but I still have to click over three or four more pages. Help, please.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:55:45 AM PDT
Just got a Kindle Fire. I also have a iPhone5 I went to Manage your Devices and Have them both synced for reading on the Kindle and the Kindle app on iphone5. Problem is I was searching in a book and went to a further page the went back to read from beginning. Now the syncing on both devices keeps coming up with that farthest location and has a date of two days ago. I cannot get it to update.

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 6:46:11 AM PST
Whenever I read on my kindle fire, my iPhone 5s is never in sync. None of the solutions suggested resolved the issue. Any other suggestions? Have to thumb through three chapters on the iPhone, manually, kind of sucks. First world problems, right?

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 7:14:53 AM PST
Finally, I figured out how to back out of a book without hitting the return button a number of times. If you want to back out of one book and go to another, instead of hitting the back button, hit the word "kindle" in the upper left corner. It will take you to the main kindle page. From there you can choose another book. When you return to the first book, it will pick up where you left off. I love my kindle again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 19 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 19 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books & Chat - October 2015 338 14 seconds ago
Audible account 8 42 seconds ago
Goat mmo 2 2 minutes ago
Music on Rhapsody 237 3 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 4501 7 minutes ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 832 9 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 3359 14 minutes ago
Life and Death: Twilight reimagined 64 16 minutes ago
Kindle Fire and Google Play 70 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions