Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to re-download deleted "Time Magazine" issues on Kindle.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2013 1:27:07 AM PST
I accidentally deleted the most recent issue of Time Magazine on my Kindle Fire HD from the cloud page before it had been downloaded. Now the issue doesn't appear on either my "cloud" or "device" pages for the Time section of my Newsstand. Is there any way I can retrieve the option to download the issue, or is it just gone?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 1:40:59 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You probably need to contact customer support. You can click on the help link up top and then on the Contact Us button on the right of the next page. Don't use the email option.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:57:37 AM PST
Bill Hansen says:
I'll bet you don't have to contact Customer Service on this - the digital edition of Time mag is excellent, but accessing new issues is clunky. Here's what works for me - Go to the Time app on your Kindle (or re-download it from the Kindle Store if you need to). It will look like they're asking you to re-subscribe, but don't worry. Tap the screen near the black top of the visible portion. You may have to tap a few times, but - At the upper left corner, in the black part of the screen, you'll see an icon or ideogram of several tiny rectangular things. That's the "library". Tap that. Your Time issues will appear. You can tap the ones which you need to download; there may be a choice to "View" or read, or "Download". Choose "download" of course. Remember that it takes several minutes to download an issue. The Tim cover on your Fire's carousel may not change; it may still show the cover of a pervious issue, but the newer issue(s) which you downloaded will still be there.

If the above doesn't work, contact Time customer support. They're really very helpful, and they've been quickly available.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
82 43 minutes ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 29 days ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs August 27 & 28, 2014 89 48 seconds ago
My kindle won't turn on 1613 6 minutes ago
Kindle book prices 2 23 minutes ago
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5.1 68 39 minutes ago
Badges for Books 3 51 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2512 1 hour ago
Al's Place 35mm 2545 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 4374 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions