I am an avid Kindle user, spending at least 3-4 hours per day with the device. After being skeptical about the whole ebook concept, and getting my feet wet with Paperwhite, I can state with absolute certainty that Kindle is the best thing I ever owned. It profoundly changed the way I read, opened new reading horizons for me (English is not my native language), and just made me read more than ever before.
With that said, I would like to make few simple suggestions that would help make this product even better. Many of them are not expensive to implement, and I am confident Amazon team is listening to hardcore readers and their wishes. After all, listening to readers who do not look at the price tag when such a big part of their lives is concerned is.. prudent, to say the least.
So, here are my two cents on how to make next Kindle even better:
1. Make it gray. Black polished bezel retains finger moisture, and I find myself constantly distracted from reading by cleaning it with cloth. Also, you would not believe how random dust dots are visible on that black plastic. Drives me crazy sometimes. Gray would help with this.
2. Either remove Kindle sign from the bottom of the device, or make it transparent. The only way I can read is by covering whole logo with my thumb. Silver logo on black background is no-no if you want best reading experience and no distraction.
3. Improving screen of course goes without saying. Not that it's bad, but as a new technology, it needs revisions to mature. Letters are not equally displayed at times (some are bolder that others); after highlighting something the rest of the text on page gets distorted; night light is still too offensive to eyes, etc.
4. Figure out a way to include convenient way of viewing maps. As big fantasy reader, geographical maps are essential part of any epic book. In real books you have maps shown in the beginning, or at the end of book, so you can easily access it for reference. With Kindle, I have to download maps on my phone, and switch when I need them for a quick glance. A way to include easy map viewing would make a lot of fantasy readers very happy (and we're a significant market - those series can get 10+ books long).
5. I wanna see what page I'm on. I don't care about that fancy remaining time thing, or Loc numbers.. I wanna see page X out of Y. Simple as that.
That's it from me.
Recent discussions in the Kindle forum
AnnouncementCritical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
|0||Mar 23, 2016|
AnnouncementWelcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
|0||Mar 20, 2015|
|Amazon Echo||8691||22 seconds ago|
|Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV||4573||1 minute ago|
|Why would I want to turn off Page Refresh?||2||8 minutes ago|
|SCAM ALERT||166||14 minutes ago|
|Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho!||7928||18 minutes ago|
|FREE Books & Chat - April 2016||930||22 minutes ago|
|Why don't kindle books start in the Cover?||157||27 minutes ago|
|i forgot my password but don't want to reset it to factory default what do i do?||97||29 minutes ago|
|Stop Recommending KU Books Already Borrowed||7||34 minutes ago|
|do the kindle fire hd have voice commands||2||38 minutes ago|