Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can you share books with other Kindle owners in same family?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2009 1:40:54 PM PST
Can you share e-book with other kindle owners in the same family?

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 1:44:28 PM PST
Dave L says:
Yes, if you register all the Kindles to the same amazon.com account.
Since the amazon account is linked to only one credit card, be aware that whenever anyof you make a purchase it is charged to that one person's card.
With families that do not separte finances this is not too much of an issue.
All Kindles registered to that amazon account can download books bought against it.

Search around the Kindle forums. There is a lot of info on people doing this exact thing.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 1:46:29 PM PST
S. Willett says:
You can share books with anyone who is registered to the same Amazon account. For example, my mom, brother, and I are all registered on the same account and share books. I actually setup an Amazon account specifically for managing the kindle so we don't have to share our personal amazon account info. Each book can be downloaded to 6 devices (occasionally it's less than 6 but that's the usual number).

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 2:44:49 PM PST
Meemo says:
One way to handle the charges if you're sharing an account with family members who aren't all "connected" financially is through gift cards. My daughter is married and lives 500 miles away but we like a lot of the same books so her Kindle has remained on my account. She either sends me an Amazon gift card or just gives me cash to cover her purchases.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 5:17:40 PM PST
J. Harrison says:
I wonder if this would work with a US and a Canadian kindle. (I have a Canadian Kindle, and my mum has the US).....

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 11:22:22 AM PDT
J. Edwards says:
I would like to share books with my daughter who has her own account. Is that possible?

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 11:27:04 AM PDT
You need to be on the same Amazon account to share books with her. Some books are loanable one time for 14 days (www.amazon.com/kindle-lending).

Another way to pay for books on a shared account is for the guest to gift books to the shared account from their personal account.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 11:29:25 AM PDT
❤ Ann says:
Zombie attack!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions