Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can I sell back my Kindle for a Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2011 3:35:56 PM PDT
Lou Loomis says:
Apple lets i-Pad owners sell back their i-pads and buy a new one at a discount. Will Amazon do this for current Kindle owners.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 3:36:58 PM PDT
JES says:
There is a trade-in program. But you would get more money if you sold the kindle yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 3:38:20 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
If you've had it less than 30 days you can get a full discount. If you've had it longer, there's a buy-back feature. However, the Fire isn't really a Kindle (it's not a strickly e-reading device), so it's not like an upgrade of the same thing - which is what you're talking about.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 3:42:48 PM PDT
Can I transfer my kindle contents to a new Fire, and then can I register the original kindle in my husbands name for him to buy books and use?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 3:44:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2012 11:25:06 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 3:44:52 PM PDT
Amazon trade in program:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/ref=tradeinavs?url=rh%3Dn%3A2226766011%26i%3Delectronics-tradein&field-keywords=Kindle&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 3:45:36 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
It's up to you - but often people have everyone in their family on the same account. That way all the books bought by that account (books are bought by accounts at Amazon) will be accessible to all the devices. You can change the kindle's name to his or something if you wanted to do that. It's easy to do on the Manage Your Kindle page.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 4:18:59 PM PDT
@Joyce: All your Amazon books will be in the archive list on the new Kindle Fire when it is registered to the same account as the old one. Click on a title in the archive list to download it to the Home page. Or you can send the books to the new Kindle Fire from the Manage Your Kindle page on the website. Non-Amazon books will have to be put on the KIndle from the copy that you have kept on your computer - you have kept copies of them, haven't you?

You can de-register the old Kindle from your account and register it to your husband's account. Or you can have all your Kindle devices on the same account and then share all the books on the account.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 4:44:32 PM PDT
I guess we'll have to wait until there is an Amazon Fire2 to find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 1:49:41 PM PST
what is the trade in program
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions