Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Need your advice...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 22, 2013 8:25:46 AM PDT
D. Conley says:
Hi, all! I have a Kindle Touch which I've enjoyed for nearly a year now. Have considered upgrading to Paperwhite, but have read so many negative comments re. the display/light being inconsistent. Several folks said they went through 3 or more of the units before they got one they're satisfied with.

SO my question...I thought I'd wait until Amazon got those bugs worked out and/or did a 2nd generation release. Has this happened yet? Should I go ahead with my upgrade or continue to wait? I'd love to have the light upgrade, but not if it's not right.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 8:33:05 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
I got my Paperwhite the day it came out and I love it. I've had no problems at all, other than I spend too much time using it.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 8:58:15 AM PDT
I got my PW for Christmas and am completely satisfied with it. It's my favorite of all the Kindle models to date. I recommend that you try it for yourself and not be concerned about the relatively small number of complaints. If you don't like it, you can return it within 30 days but I suspect that you'll be pleased with it, as are most of us.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 9:26:05 AM PDT
Sherri says:
I have both a Kindle Touch and a Paperwhite. While I still really like my Kindle Touch, I prefer the Paperwhite due to the improved touch interface and the ability to read in areas with limited available ambient light. I was also concerned about the the light placement and the "light shadows" at the bottom of the screen. And after getting it, I remained concerned for a couple of days, but I have found that it is like background conversation when you I am out shopping. I just don't notice it. The only downside that I have found is that they didn't include the Swipe Up/Swipe Down moving by chapter with the Paperwhite. But I really only use that when I re-reading a book and want to find something specific, so no big deal. If you have updated to the most recent software for the Kindle Touch, you are already using most of the great new software features with the Paperwhite, you just need the hardware improvement via the front lit screen. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 9:43:18 AM PDT
Craig says:
I have a 3G Paperwhite - first batch of them, second day delivery, and never looked back. There is some noticable shadowing across the bottom if the light is turned up too high, but with appropriate settings (counterintutive, but you turn it DOWN in darker rooms), I don't even notice it. The screen is great, the light makes it better, and the touch interface is an improvement over the Touch.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 3:39:23 PM PDT
D. Conley says:
Well, you're making a believer of me! :) Thanks for the help!

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 4:13:18 PM PDT
Love my PW! Best one yet!

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 7:57:25 AM PDT
D. Conley says:
Update...ordered my PW yesterday! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 8:00:11 AM PDT
Did you order a cover?

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 5:26:56 PM PDT
got mine a couple days ago, I love it.

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 6:52:47 PM PDT
D. Conley says:
Hi, Nospin! Yep! A cover is a must for me...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 22, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions