Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Fire - Video Downloading Issues

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2012 6:25:19 AM PDT
AMM says:
I am having about a 50% failure rate on downloading videos purchased from Amazon on my Fire. Anyone else having issues? Trying to figure out if it is the uploader (typically Bravo or Lifetime) or my Fire. Contacted an Amazon rep a while back when it started happening - they had not had any reported issues but after speaking to them (miraculously) the one video I was specifically complaining about worked (with no changes on my part). Very frustrating to purchase these to watch without WiFi but unable to actually get them to download.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 8:56:58 AM PDT
Fud53 says:
Well you purchase an inexpensive iPad and you will have issues...especially if you aren't tech savvy and only think you are. The more "stuff" you have on your Fire the more likely you'll have issues. You want better reliability then you'll have to pay more money. Pretty much how it works with every consumer item.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 9:29:25 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
AMM, I haven't had that issue.

A couple of things:

It can take a while to download a video (depending partially on your network speed). If you take a Fire outside of the wi-fi connection while that is happening, that could interrupt the download. I usually do start the download when I know the Fire it's going to stay where it is for a while. :) You can check the notifications in the top of our screen to see when it completes.

Second, I have had one sort of glitchy thing (but not a big deal). After successfully downloading a file, I have had it tell me that I needed to connect to watch it...but just trying it again, it worked. It appears to be an error in the notification, rather than an error in the actual download process.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:41:30 AM PDT
AMM says:
Yes, your glitchy thing happens to me frequently. I then force off the wifi and search for the downloaded file.
My issue has just become with "download errors" - that's the message that the Kindle gives me. And I can download a number of videos in the same/area/time but quite a few from Bravo and TLC aren't working. My guess it is with them.

Thanks for the feeback

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 3:47:51 PM PDT
My Kindle Fire downloads books and music fine but when I attempt to download videos I continually get "Attention this video cannot be downloaded right now. Please try again." I have been trying again for several days using three different Wi-Fi connections. Same result. Any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions