Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle trade In/Upgrade program?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 7:41:43 AM PST
diverbarb says:
Does anyone know if Amazon offers a "trade in or upgrade" program?
I have a Kindle with the keyboard from several years back. Love it but was thinking of buying a Kindle Fire (love the new white page, and other features). Not sure I would need to keep both and was wondering if Amazon offers a fair price to trade in or upgrade to a newer model/version?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:43:58 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Amazon itself does not but there is a third party company that does. They don't offer very much though so you are better off keeping it as a back up or trying to sell it yourself on ebay or craigslist.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:44:03 AM PST
There is a third party program, but you won't get more than a few dollars for your KK. I suggest you keep it as the Fire, while a great device, isn't a dedicated e-book reader. It's heavy, has a much shorter battery life, and isn't good for reading outside in the sun.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:48:05 PM PST
diverbarb says:
Jazzy and Meya, thanks so much for your great feedback!! I read so much more since I bought my Kindle. I really loved the new "white" page feature and wish I could somehow get just that upgrade on my Kindle e-reader (without having to buy a new one). I have a cover w/a built in light, but when I saw someones Kindle fire with the white page over Christmas - WOW the White page feature blew me away. I do love to cook and thought the Fire with the color feature would be a good choice since I currently subscribe to several magazines (and like my books) would love to eliminate most hardcover/softcover copies and have them electronically. More space is always a great thing!! Thank you again and have a happy, healthy New Year!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:50:54 PM PST
janice399 says:
You will be better off selling it yourself. I sold my fire 1 in 2 hours on Amazon.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:51:23 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
I think you are confusing two products...the Kindle Fire and the Kindle Paperwhite.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:53:34 PM PST
Reading on a Fire is not nearly as nice as reading on an e-ink model. Since I got a Paperwhite, I never read on my Fire. Never.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:00:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 5:01:00 PM PST
I am one of the weird ones. I like reading on the Fire. It does not bother my eyes after an hour or so of reading. I also have the Basic Kindle and really do not notice much of a difference between the two as far as reading comfort goes.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:02:13 PM PST
janice399 says:
I have a kindle 2 that I use to read with but the HD fire does not have the glare problem the fire 1 had and so is pleasant to read on.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 11:05:26 AM PDT
linda says:
i am having eye troubles, so thought of buying kindlefireHD. i have the kindle touch which i love but no lite..but heard it doesn't work with apps???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 11:38:24 AM PDT
The Fire is ALL ABOUT apps! It's a tablet, specifically/specially linked to the Amazon ecosystem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 1:39:17 PM PDT
If you're having eye troubles, the Fire may be worse for you as far as a reading device goes. It is backlit like a computer screen and many people report issues with reading for long stretches.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2013 4:02:44 PM PDT
linda says:
how?? i am thinking also of trading my kindle touch, i saw that i can only get $18 for it?!! gees i must have read it wrong..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2013 4:06:38 PM PDT
linda says:
thank u so much i really appreciate the info...i am also interested in getting into an apps.so i can watch my soaps again (they cancelled them last yr.) it will be on the new "prospect park" but only on tablet or kindle fire but not kindle fireHD

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 4:08:57 PM PDT
linda says:
i still like my kindletouch, all i do is enlarge the letters !!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
71 11 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
October Informal Poll--what are you reading now? 75 12 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 8825 13 minutes ago
Mangas 3 31 minutes ago
Does anyone remember when we could easily 2 36 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 4024 37 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage delivery 76 57 minutes ago
Kindle Fire HD 6 Pre-order 2 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 5237 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions