Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Go Launcher for Kindle Fire 2 - NOT HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 9:15:40 AM PST
Has anyone been sucessful side loading the Go launcher on the Kindle Fire 2... If so, Please provide instructions how you accomplished. Standard side loading instruction for original kindle fire does not work for NON HD Fire 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:17:30 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It probably has not been updated yet. The Fire and Fire 2 are using different versions of Android.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:52:29 AM PST
Understood, however i have noticed that people are sucessfull installing the Go Launcher on the Kindle Fire HD un-rooted by placing the .APK file in the "SYSTEM/APPS" folder and setting RW-R-R permission... This folder does not exist on the Fire 2 [NON HD] is there a similar install folder or procedure or do I just need to wait for an updated version of go launcher for KF2?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:04 PM PST
After many attempts to load alternate launchers on the Kindle Fire 2 Non HD, I did suceed in finding one that works pretty good... No major glitches. The Ice Cream Sandwich launcher version 2.4 will work with normal side loading. [ICS 2.4] and can be found here: http://syndicateapps.com/main/ICS_Releases_files/ICS_2.4_Launcher_2.apk
The only issue that I can see so far is the Home button does not behave like to Go launcher. But not a bad compromise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:20:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:30:16 AM PST
Benjamin says:
how do you set widgets? by mine i can not set them!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions