Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2013 4:45:47 AM PDT
I have the Kindle Fire and I love it!! I am going out on vacation next week, and would like to read my books that I downloaded on the airplane. Can I do this without wi-fi?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 4:48:00 AM PDT
Linda - Yes. In fact, you have to have them downloaded onto the Fire to even be able to read them. So if they are downloaded and showing on the Device tab in Books, you can read them without being connected to wi-fi.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 4:54:36 AM PDT
Yes, I downloaded them from my kindle library. When I turn in the fire, the books are all there. Does this mean they are downloaded? Forgive me, but I am a 70 year young person, who finally took herself into hi-tec!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:03:35 AM PDT
Linda - Tap on the Books tab and then tap on the Device tab. Those are the books that are downloaded onto your Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:05:42 AM PDT
The books show up when I turn on the Kindle, Does that mean that they are downloaded and I can read them without a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:15:18 AM PDT
Should I be able to read the books even if I am out of the country, and on a ship? I am new to all this Hi-tec stuff. I never had a problem with my Kindle so I am assuming I won't have a problem with this. When I turn on the fire the books are right there. Does that mean they are downloaded?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:16:44 AM PDT
Not necessarily, no. EVERY book AND app you buy will show on the Fire's Carousel. If you're concerned whether a title is downloaded or not, tap it. If it opens, GREAT! It's there! But if it's NOT downloaded yet, it will do so (assuming you have a wi-fi signal at that time).

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:17:38 AM PDT
Linda - If they are downloaded, you can read them anywhere in the world. Just because they're on the Carousel doesn't mean they are downloaded. On the banner above the Carousel, tap on Books. Then tap on Device. Those are the books that are downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:22:52 AM PDT
Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. I feel much better knowing there won't be a problem. I am lost without my books!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2013 5:26:59 AM PDT
Linda - You're welcome. Enjoy your trip and your Fire!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 16, 2013
Latest post:  May 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions