Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books & Chat Mon Mar 25,2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 150 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2013 9:16:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 11:04:12 PM PDT
KayKay says:
Hey Yall and welcome to Free Books and Chat for Monday March 25,2013!!
Surprise Surprise and no it is not yet April Fools Day but it is coming.
Leo and his usual story are out with the flu so keep him in our thoughts for a speedy recovery.
I am no writer so I apologized for no story, instead, stay with us and tell us about your most recent surprise.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Okay - Business first....

**¨) ¸.**¨) ¸.**¨*
(¸.*´ ¸.*´*'~* ★☆★ Links To Free Book Resources . . .

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/ (site currently down, but you can check)

Ereaderiq:
http://www.ereaderiq.com/freebies/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

eReaderPerks:
www.eReaderPerks.com

eReaderLove:
ereaderlove.com

Heidoc:
http://www.heidoc.net/amazon/subscribe.php?department=MYSTHR&sort=TITLE&newtitles=on&GO=GO
(use the dropdown menu at the top to find other categories of Fiction as well as Non-Fiction)

Gizmo's Freeware: List of freebie sites
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/50-places-free-books-online.htm

Direct Amazon search:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606011,p_36:0-0,p_15=&hidden-keywords=-domain

New -
http://www.freebooksifter.com

SEARCH ENGINE:
http://www.jungle-search.com/US/ After the search populates, I sort by publication date to find the new freebies.

To Search Amazon directly for Freebies:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606011,p_36:0-0,p_15=&hidden-keywords=-domain
In left-hand column, selections for genres can be made.

* Kinlib is currently down with plans to be running again soon.

~~~~~~~~~~ SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS ~~~~~~~~~~
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or
posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please
go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there
as well.
~~~~~~~~ THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES! ~~~~~~~~

**¨) ¸.**¨) ¸.**¨*
(¸.*´ ¸.*´*'~* ★☆★ FB&C Start Schedule . . .

Robb - Tuesday, March 26, Start Time 11pm PST
Courtney - Wednesday, March 27 Start Time 1130pm-ish EST
KayKay - Thursday, March 28; Start Time 12:30 EDT
Lover of Books - Friday, March 29, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Susan - Saturday, March 30 by 6:30 am EST
NC Kathy - Sunday, March 31 Start Time around 12:00am EST
Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday April 2 Start Time 12:30 PST
Robb - Wednesday April 3 , Start Time 11pm PST
NC Kathy - Sunday April 7 Start Time around 12:00am EST

╰❈╮Open Dates:

Monday April 1
Thursday April 4
Friday April 5
Saturday April 6
Monday April 8
Tuesday April 9
Wednesday April 10
Thursday April 11
Friday April 12
Saturday April 13
Sunday April 14

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

If the conversation is not your thing please visit our sister thread Freebie BOOKS - Links Only - No Self Promotion...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx3991FYFR3ZF44&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx21VD4083ZF1LD#Mx3991FYFR3ZF44

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮Link to the FB&C Group Cookbook thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/cooking/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx211KPGGBLHNC6&cdMsgID=Mx3TF4806AD6YTU&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxQUJZ6FYNH8VQ#Mx3TF4806AD6YTU

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To Link:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bxt8Ey-AsMfIUDZUS3p0SnpqZG8/edit?usp=sharing

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

╰❈╮Link To Yesterday's Thread . . .

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx29IO5O4SXQDCT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Spring... you are almost here!
(Even though the sleet and snow and cold rain are upon me - I can wish!!!)

TOP TEN Reasons to WELCOME SPRING !!!

10. It's never too hot or too cold. It always is just right. And when it is too hot, there is always a little breeze.

9. The sky seems to always be blue... unless it is raining but then the sky is a really nice shade of gray.

8. If it rains, you can go dance in it and put on a swimsuit and some rain boots and call over some neighbors! I love dancing in the rain during Spring.

7. All the birds are tweeting in the morning, that's the first thing i wake up to. And it makes my day off to a good start!

6. You can sit outside and read a nice book! While all the neighborhood kids play and people walk their dogs.

5. You can open all the windows in your house, smell the freshness, and blast some music!

4. I can take strolls to the park and walk around my small town with some friends!

3. When you are driving in the car, you can roll down all the windows and blast the stereo !

2. You can wear tank tops and walk around outdoor malls without having to be bundled up!

And the number 1 reason Spring is the best season is because all the flowers are blooming and all the trees and grass are green and everything is pretty!

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:24:55 PM PDT
KayKay says:
My most recent surprise was to travel to visit my Dad for his 70th Birthday.
What a surprise it was for him when I knocked on his door and told him Happy Birthday!
I had just talked to him a couple days before and he had no idea I was making the trip.
What a joy it was to make him so happy!!!

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:28:33 PM PDT
KayKay says:
I hope I got everything included for the start. It has been a while since my last start so bear with me and lead me. LOL

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:44:10 PM PDT
KayKay says:
@Nospin - thoughts, prayers and best of luck today with your test. ((( )))

@BJ - thoughts, prayers and best of luck to you today with your surgery. ((( )))

To all others needing hugs, prayers luck or just a better day this one is for YOU!!!
((( )))

Since I seem to be the only one here - I will try to sleep. Will check back in later. Nite

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:55:07 PM PDT
Zoo Keeper says:
KayKay,
Thanks for the start. Looks good to me. Everything is there. (that I can see, anyway)

The last surprise I had. Well, um...someone sent me a gift card in the mail this week. It's amount was unexpected. Hubby brought home ice cream and hot fudge. (we don't keep junk food in the house)

Oh, and the biggest surprise of all, Son ran the vacuum downstairs this weekend without being asked!!! (I've not felt well and couldn't get things done.) Anytime a teenager does something without being asked is a surprise!! (He'll do what's asked, but rarely volunteers.)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:37:47 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ KayKay - thank you for the start, and reminding us that Spring is on the way, this year it really it will be welcomed with open arms, ooh what is that I see .... more snowflakes drifting past my kitchen window ... be gone, be gone, I need spring so I can open all the windows in the house, smell the freshness, and blast some music!

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:46:22 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Today my thoughts and good healing wishes will go out to :

Nospin for the test, hope it gives results that help the doctors to make you better

BJ for the eye surgery - hope it is quick and very successful, not too painful or uncomfortable and lets the light back in your life.

Leo - hope the flu is is on the rebound for you and that you are feeling a bit better.
Zoo - hope you are feeling better today.
LOB I am hoping that this is a start of a better day for you too.

To everyone else I wish you all the best Monday you can have and ((((Hugs)))) to everyone

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:49:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 10:51:06 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ NC Kathy - hope you get your car back soon - you can actually feel just as bad if your bike has a puncture, my bike is my ticket to getting around, so I understand the way you feel without your car.

Edited for clarity - it is early !!!

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:53:41 PM PDT
KayKay says:
@Zoo - those are great surprises!

@Redandwhite - I have snowflakes too so really looking for spring too.

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:54:26 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
A yellow banner for me, but high on my TBR list

THE WINTER BARBEQUE by Matt Cutugno
It's a winter's day, perhaps the last day of an old man's existence.

Matt "Tug" Cutugno has lived a good life, that of a hard working family man. He has earned the right to a happy ending; he wants a pat on the back for a job well done. But just where is his reward?

Tug's wife and children are gone and his dreams of a future are now memories of his past - the war; getting married and raising a family; his days as a working man.

His present is filled by winter barbeques of grilled kielbasa for breakfast, grilled chicken for lunch and grilled zucchini and hot dogs for dinner.

As he sits on his lawn chair in the snow-covered backyard of the home that he built himself, a menagerie of wonderful people visits this extraordinary everyman who is not searching for himself, but who is seeking the meaning of what he accomplished in this life.

And with each visit from his wife, his children, his friends and neighbors, his war time buddies, the story of this brave and unsentimental man unfolds so that the past and present merge into something that can be called the truth of an entire generation of men who fought in World War II.

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:57:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 10:59:00 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
A recent surprise - my daughter asked if I would like to have my 7yr old grandson to stay over during the easter break - yeah
Edited - my brain is not really quite up to speed it seems - didn't get his age right !

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:10:06 PM PDT
KayKay thanks for stepping up for Leo. Hoping he is getting better.
@Nospin and BJ - good luck to both today. I'll be thinking about you both.

Y'all know my recent surprise. A crazy /wonderful/ lovely bunch sent me some serious graduation gifts. Still in shock!

I'll be back later today. Hitting the pillow hard! Have a good night / day, depending on your location.

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:27:08 PM PDT
I'm getting ready to leave work but asked one of the guys to take my BP before I left..
124/88....Gee, I can almost live with that.. The 88 still needs to go downa bit thought..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 11:31:08 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Hi Sandy - we cross paths again - I am just off to work !
The BP seems to be getting better I am so pleased for you - keep taking care - see you later

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 11:31:23 PM PDT
KayKay says:
So glad your numbers are coming down. And that is a great way to track it. Such a wonderful opportunity to get your bp taken each day. : )

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:32:22 PM PDT
Loz says:
Hello all. :)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:44:00 PM PDT
dinkyd says:
All the best to everyone facing tests this morning, also wishes for speedy recovery to everyone under the weather. Just going to brave the snow and go to work

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:26:22 AM PDT
Good morning everyone.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:39:56 AM PDT
mebe says:
Thank you

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:53:40 AM PDT
Susan says:
Good Morning everyone!

Beyond Nostalgia - Romance
Many readers have said that Beyond Nostalgia is a story that kept reappearing in their minds long after they read it. A multi-category Amazon Bestseller, it is book that will make you laugh and make you cry. It will break your heart and then it will heal it again. You'll love the main character, and you will hate him as well. "Dean Cassidy looks back on a life filled with hardship and remembers Theresa Wayman, the bright spark that lit up his world when he was eighteen. As an adult, many years later, Cassidy continues his struggle to be successful in life, but can't move past his betrayal and loss of Theresa. Beyond Nostalgia is a poignant story about growing up, making choices, betrayal, forgiveness and moving on.

Cobbogoth - Fantasy
To seventeen-year-old Norah Lukens, the Cobbogothians were just a myth. But after her archeologist uncle's brutal murder, and being asked to translate one of his research journals for evidence, she begins a journey to discover the truth for herself. Chasing the myth her uncle was obsessed with, Norah learns that his murder was a cover-up for something far more sinister. If she hopes to save others from suffering the same fate he did--including the peculiarly magnetic James Riley--she must head to Iceland in order to stop the killing once and for all. If she succeeds, she'll gain the one thing she's always longed for. But if she fails, not even the gods can help her....

Dear Bob and Sue - Travel
This complete version of Dear Bob and Sue chronicles the journey of Matt and Karen Smith, who took a mid-career break to travel to all 58 U.S. National Parks. Written as a series of emails to their friends, Bob and Sue, they describe their sense of awe in exploring our national parks, and share humorous and quirky observations. The national parks are among the most stunning places in America - pristine wilderness, geologic wonders, and magnificent wildlife - places everyone should put on their must-see-before-I-die list. Matt and Karen take you along as they visit them all. Unlike a traditional guidebook, this is one couple's perspective on the joys and challenges of traveling together.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:58:55 AM PDT
Susan says:
Mungus: One through Six - Fantasy
As you may be aware, all of my author earnings through the end of March, 2013 will go to the support of Doctors Without Borders. By purchasing this novel, you have made a meaningful contribution to helping an injured or ill person recieve the help that they need. For more information, visit my blog: chadleito.blogspot.com What was previously only available in six volumes is now available in one, and for half the price! Walt and Saul Higgins are orphans; everything from the way they dress to the food that they eat is controlled by their ship leaders. Walt watches as his mentally slow brother gets made fun of by a school teacher. He clenches his fists at the injustice of it all.

Creative Cocktails: 101 Martini Recipes
Creative Cocktails: 101 Martini Recipes is the first book of the 'Creative Cocktails' series. It contains 101 original Martini Cocktail recipes, everything from a simple fresh fruit martini to Advanced Mixology creations.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:58:58 AM PDT
KayKay says:
"It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever - the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it."

~Vince Lombardi~

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 3:59:42 AM PDT
@Zoo Keeper - isn't it just. I love having a teenager. Mine attacked the lawns with our new whipper snipper this afternoon! Actually we both had a lot of fun with our new toy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 4:00:57 AM PDT
Hey Loz.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 4:03:53 AM PDT
Morning, afternoon, or evening to all. I am off for an early night - my son and I tired ourselves out having fun with our new whipper snipper this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great day.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1323 1 hour ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2033 52 seconds ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 535 2 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3757 6 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 570 23 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 9316 26 minutes ago
My Kindle won't start. Any suggestions? 1 45 minutes ago
Quickly Browsing Personal Docs on Kindle Touch 1 46 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 126 51 minutes ago
kindle fire won't charge 43 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions