Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Manage Your Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2013 5:28:49 PM PST
Dream Reader says:
Why can't I "Manage my Kindle" from my computer or send them an email or even chat with them regarding anything to do with my Kindle? It just won't connect. I can order books but nothing else.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 5:51:31 PM PST
Dittie says:
If you can buy e-books, you obviously are connected.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 5:58:14 PM PST
you are doing something wrong...what are you doing?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 6:00:19 PM PST
The Artist says:
Who is "them"? If you want to contact Kindle customer service, click on the Help link at the top of this page, then click on the yellow Contact Us button.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 6:08:54 PM PST
~nospin says:
Check that you are logged into the correct account and see if your books are here

http://amazon.com/myk

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:14:56 PM PST
Dream Reader says:
When I click on "Manage Your Kindle" it just keeps saying its loading. The same thing when I try to email customer service or even chat, it just keeps loading and never connects. But every other option will work including ordering books. I'm not savvy enough to figure out if something needs to be set differently on my computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 6:19:22 PM PST
~nospin says:
It takes a while for myk to load.

Try a different browser if you can.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 6:32:09 PM PST
The Artist says:
If a different browser doesn't work, you can call Amazon:

U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072
Spanish Support: 866-749-7538
International: 1-206-266-2992

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 6:37:51 PM PST
Dream Reader says:
Thank You!!!!!

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 4:07:42 AM PST
Internet Explorer is frequently buggy on Amazon's website. Chrome works much better for me. Others recommend Firefox but some have complained about problems with it as well. Since I don't use Firefox, I can't offer insight as to how well it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 4:16:40 AM PST
Sarida says:
I use FireFox and have the same problem. I have to refresh the page several times, but they eventually show up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 11:51:24 AM PDT
I have the same problem.....did you ever solve yours? How?

Posted on May 29, 2013 7:45:38 PM PDT
ebdc says:
Same thing just started happening for me, but only in Chrome. I didn't change any settings, and I can log in to Amazon just fine, it's only "Manage Your Kindle" that has suddenly stopped working. When I click "sign in using our secure server" it just opens that same login screen (with cached password) over and over. Re-entering the password didn't make a difference. Logging out of Amazon itself and back in didn't make a difference. Trying to change my password got as far as entering my e-mail address and the CAPTCHA, but submitting the CAPTCHA just kept bringing up another CAPTCHA (over and over again).

Switching from Chrome to Firefox worked, so it's something to do with Chrome, not my account.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 8:02:44 PM PDT
I use Firefox. I've never had the problem on Amazon, but I do on ebay. I'm fairly sure it's to do with a glitch in cookie-handling (which is why it's variable what browser it's on and can be fixed by switching browsers). Usually I close down the site and leave it for 24 hours, which makes the cookie lapse. But it's also fixable by logging out (even if it appears that you can't log in), shutting down the browser completely (and making sure it's not still running at all in Task Manager), restarting the computer, and then logging back in again.

Tedious, I know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
75 20 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Fire 0 15 seconds ago
FB&C--Free Books and Chat--Thursday July 10, 2014 42 22 seconds ago
Kindle Fire Repair - 95 7 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 1073 10 minutes ago
Canceling "Free Time Unlimited" 5 10 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3120 11 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9103 14 minutes ago
Dishanywhere 1 18 minutes ago
Can Only Borrow 1 Book a Month 241 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2013
Latest post:  May 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions