Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Help needed urgently please!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 3:06:13 PM PST
Hello...I really need help with this. I recently installed the kindle app on my laptop a few days ago and I've been using it frequently to purchase books needed for my Sociology courses. However, I allowed a fool friend of mine to use my computer...as she was looking at some of the books I downloaded. She ended up downloading two books on sex and sexual positions. My 11 year old daughter also uses the laptop and there are several books that I downloaded for her to help encourage her with her reading. The thing is...I've had to keep her away from the Kindle app...because even though I've deleted the books from the "Manage Kindle" tab, photos of the books are still inside of the page that opens up when I click the Kindle shortcut. The photos are very graphic...even I get upset looking at it...and I'm an adult...needless to say I had it out with my friend...can someone guide me on how to delete those things???? please!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:09:29 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You might want to make sure you weren't charged for the books. If you were then you can return the books and the problem would be solved. If they were free books then you need to log in to your Manage Your Kindle Page on Amazon and you can find the books there to delete. If all else fails contact customer support to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:23:09 PM PST
 nospin  says:
Have you tried syncing the app with your account?

My other suggestion would be to delete the app and reins tall it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:47:37 PM PST
Thanks so much for your comment...I appreciate the quick response...unfortunately...as I indicated in the post...I did delete the books from the "Manage Your Kindle Page." They've been deleted allright...and I can't access the books from my Kindle app at all...but the photoshots of the books are what is there...not the books themselves...it's the photos I'm trying to delete...I thought about deregistering the device altogether...however that would mean losing the books I did pay for...groannnnn!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:49:31 PM PST
wouldn't I loses the books that I did pay for if I did do that? Thanks so much for responding...

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:03:37 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
No, if the books you still want are in Manage Your Kindle, you can re-download them after you register the Kindle back to your account.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:03:51 PM PST
You can de-register the app and you won't lose your books. I would do that and then install a fresh copy of the Kindle App and hopefully, the images will be deleted by then. You will have to download any books you want to read again. Your "friend" owes you a nice dinner or something for all this trouble :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:22:54 PM PST
gonna try this out now...tks :)....dinner my foot...was jus tryin to be nice with skl work and all....

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:34:20 PM PST
Hey everybody...thanks so much for all the replies...you guys are a great bunch and really helpful...a special thanks to you P.M.H. and Ms Laura Dean...I did deregister the app...then re-registered it...and the images disappeared...call me Ms. conservative...but I was just about ready to delete everything app, books...the whole gamut...I think I owe myself a dinner Ms. Dean...

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:47:18 PM PST
Glad that's over! LOL!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1839 1 second ago
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 645 2 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2273 5 minutes ago
did not receive orders 1 5 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8774 6 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 42 8 minutes ago
If I buy a new kindle how can I copy all my books from old one to new one? 146 40 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9567 1 hour ago
Kindle with remote control 32 1 hour ago
Progress dots missing STILL 4 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions