Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD Camera

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 6:50:04 AM PST
JBEAN says:
Hi can anyone advise if the kindle Fire HD which appears to have a camera for use with Skype ( according to the Kindle blub on the sales site) can also be used for taking ordinary images as a built in camera?

Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:51:50 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Yes, with an app, and if you want to take pictures of yourself (it is front facing only).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:55:16 AM PST
JBEAN says:
Thanks Quilt Lover. Can you recommend an app or is it a case off trawling the app store?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:01:14 AM PST
quilt lover says:
I don't have one, I am just repeating what I learned here, but you can try the app store, or maybe someone will come along who knows more ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:03:14 AM PST
Here is one option:

PicShop Lite - Photo Editor

Remember, the camera is low resolution, and there is no flash/lighting.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:10:41 AM PST
JBEAN says:
Thank you

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:13:18 AM PST
J. Long says:
I downloaded photo editor, just dont expect to get high quality pictures. I just took this in low light on my fire 8.9:

http://s647.beta.photobucket.com/user/johnjanetl/media/1354028441182.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/johnjanetl/media/1354028441182.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=135402885585106772324451727476

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:13:48 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Thanks Meya, I knew someone would come along!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:47:54 PM PST
disappointed that the camera is only front facing I thought that it automatically had it because everything else in these times are both ways......if I would have know that I would have really reconsidered purchasing and waited.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:52:01 PM PST
scrapnkath says:
Yes, I wish it had a back camera too, but for wiw it does have flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:54:53 PM PST
Monique, The product page states that only a front facing camera is included.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:02:32 AM PST
I knew when I purchased the HD Kindle that there was only a front facing camera but; how in the world can Amazon or any other company sell a tablet without a complete charger? That's unbelievable!! I just opened the box and could not believe my eyes.. I have to purchase a USB adapter separate to charge the battery.. That's bad business im my option.. I should not to buy another product to make this one work!! I suggest that this item come with a complete charging device.. I received one with the original Kindle Fire I bought last year!! I bought my wife an iPad2 from Apple. I do not have to go out and buy a charger for it!! They understand that a product should come with everything you need to operate it!!!

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:26:04 AM PST
Bill Hansen says:
I'll bet there will be an upgraded Fire 8.9 available within a year, and that it will have a much better camera - either 5 mpx or (I'm betting) 8 mpx. The present camera is only 2 mpx or so. The pic J Long took is just what you can expect.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 6:44:55 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 31, 2012 6:46:59 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:15:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2012 7:16:57 AM PST
jsh1120 says:
Apple also understands that by using a proprietary charger the MUST include one with their device. And in the process they contribute to the 100,000 tons! (Yes, that's right 100,000 tons) of discarded chargers that go into land fills in the US every year where they leak mercury and other toxic substances.

Amazon, on the other hand, didn't force me to purchase still another redundant charger to add to the collection of six I already have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:19:55 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Amazon stopped sending chargers in every Kindle awhile ago. Many of those chargers were being tosses in a drawer or away due to being duplicates for people.

Why send out a charger with every Kindle when the most people already have 1, 2, 3 or more already laying around that can be used.

The product page clearly states the charger is sold seperately.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 9:54:42 AM PST
Mike Barry says:
I cant get my camera to work on my kindle fire HD, it worked for the first few days but now when i tap on the camera icon it says can not connect to camera? any ideas

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 8:54:56 AM PST
I have exactly the same experience despite fiddling with settings. Camera simply will nit work, not with Skype, photo editor, hd camera apps or anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 9:04:01 AM PST
I have exactly the same experience despite fiddling with settings. Camera simply will nit work, not with Skype, photo editor, hd camera apps or anything.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:20:39 PM PST
Do you have to download an app to make the camera work?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 4:23:43 PM PST
jsh1120 says:
No. Look in the Photos menu selection at the top of the device. There is a camera app in the upper right hand corner. Some paid camera apps, however, have more features than that camera.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:40:15 PM PST
ms.vern says:
I LOVE HOW THE KINDLE FIRE IS WORKING FOR ME

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 7:03:32 PM PST
Gankaku says:
I absolutely love my new Kindle. And the one single weird thing about it is the front facing low pixel camera. The camera is worthless. Why put all this work in an amazing product only to flub up part of it? Would rather not have had the camera and been given the charger instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:44:49 PM PST
S. Alloway says:
I was thinking of buying a separate charger , but the micro sub charger for my phone works fine. hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 1:29:59 PM PST
The camera is there for use with Skype. It can take pictures, but it's really not intended for that.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions