Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Notification of new books by author?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2012 9:49:08 AM PDT
Are there any services by Amazon (or third party) which will let me find new books, or notify me of new books, based on a list of favorite authors? This would be a great service if Amazon would offer it to Kindle users.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:52:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 11:57:04 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
Fictfact.com will notify you of the latest in a series.
Literature-map.com allows you to put in a favorite author's name and then finds other similiar authors for you.
If you sign up with ereaderiq.com, you can send them your Amazon wish list and they will let you know when there are price reductions on any of the books.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 11:06:53 AM PDT
saraf says:
Just a correction to mightymac's post...it is ereaderiq.com :)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:25:24 AM PDT
I'm just saying, something like this would be GREAT to be built into the Kindle Book Store (and even music store). I'm surprised Amazon hasn't already.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 11:37:40 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
If they implemented everything into the site that everyone says they should there wouldn't be any room for the products themselves...

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:40:57 AM PDT
Lets agree on one thing - the Kindle Fire is a tablet "portal" for buying stuff from Amazon.com. Be it books, music, apps, and everything else on Amazon - the Fire makes it that much easier to buy from Amazon. With that being said, adding features like a 'watch tool' like I described would in effect make it easier to find and buy the books and/or music you want from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 11:57:30 AM PDT
Charlie Fox says:
thanks saraf! I corrected it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:19:05 AM PDT
KMS1979 says:
I like your idea. I am often frustrated because I follow multiple authors (like triple digit numbers!) and it takes an excel sheet to keep track of. Even just making sure when you do an author search and search by publishing date that the latest release and upcoming ones are on top instead of buried under other authors who somewhere mention the author you're looking for would be a big step in the right direction.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:56:20 AM PDT
Goodreads.com also has email settings that allow you to "track" authors. They will send out emails at regular intervals based on your individual setting. I like it because I can also track the books I read and make sure I don't buy the same book twice. It has a lot of good author information too.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 8:41:28 PM PST
This blog post lists several such services, which I'm about to try out: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-websites-alert-book-lovers-book-releases/

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:27:21 PM PDT
Amazon themselves used to do this, when the website first came out in the nineties. I don't know why they took it away because it was one of my favorite features.

Posted on May 5, 2013 1:20:19 PM PDT
I've been using http://www.tracknewbook.com to get notified of new book release. It can track by any author (author name of your definition), subject (lots of, about 400 or 500 subjects), and keyword that's in the coming release. I have been a user for about 4 months, and am pretty happy about its timely notification. It recently add tracking of the New York Times Best Sellers, and I got notified mostly Friday night. You should try.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 9:45:17 AM PST
I created www.authoralerts.com, which will will notify you of releases by authors you are interested in. I also wish Amazon provided this service, since they could do it so much better.

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 1:41:21 PM PDT
Birdie says:
Amazon is amazing I don't understand why this is not a part of kindle. I too follow a lot of authors or even just start a series sometimes they just get overlooked because I forget because 6 months to a year for the next in a series. I love the pre-order when it's available but most of the time it isn't. Even if it was just for that author would be great. Just a little button follow this author and any new books would show up that would spark my memory and I could actually finish a series.

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 1:43:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2015 2:09:33 PM PDT
T. Cook says:
"Just a little button follow this author"

There is on Amazon's site. But the button is Yellow and just says Follow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2015 1:47:30 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
actually this thread is way out of date and on a lot of author pages, there is an option to be notified of new releases by an author, or at least there used to be one last month

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2015 2:09:09 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Already available for quite some time now...

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 7:34:31 PM PDT
Diana D says:
Thanks for all the tips! I have found some helpful websites, and I am so happy to find that Amazon has this feature. I don't know why I never noticed it before. I have tried a few other sites, but they send me updates every time a book is "released" in paperback or in another language, and "following" on GR leads to getting "blog posts" every month from authors, when I just want to be notified of new releases. Hopefully the amazon "follow" feature will be more helpful.

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 9:23:24 PM PDT
Yuxing says:
or you can try some third party tool like: www.tracknewbook.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2015 4:05:55 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
or ereaderiq.com which is what I use

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2015 5:26:11 AM PDT
P. M. H. says:
D.B. Chamberlain, just want to say many thanks for author alerts, I use it all the time and think it is great. THANKS!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2015 1:47:08 PM PDT
HELP ! . . . Still looking for the yellow button to activate " FOLLOW " specific authors.
Please describe on which screen and where , on the authors Amazon page

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2015 2:15:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2015 2:16:16 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
*Search* for the author of your choice.

When listings come up, there should be a listing to 'go to [author's] page.' Click that.

On the author's page, there *should* be a button below the author's profile photo that says 'follow [author].' Click.

Done.

edited to add - you may need to wait a second for the page to fully load in order for the button to show.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2015 2:59:48 PM PDT
Here's an example of an author's page on Amazon. On the left under the author's photo is the big yellow/orange Follow button.

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Berry/e/B001H6W6DU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1437256649&sr=1-2-ent

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2015 3:02:37 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
I see it on Firefox, but i don't see it on Internet Explorer 9
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 48 17 minutes ago
Page Numbers vs. Locations = Decision to Buy Kindle or Not 1736 25 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7760 1 hour ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8823 1 hour ago
How to lend a kindle book? 15 1 hour ago
Has your Echo Dot or Tap shipped yet? 93 1 hour ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6662 2 hours ago
my singing monsters update 26 2 hours ago
How to use VUDU cloud movies on kindle fire HD 7 in 262 2 hours ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 3200 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 10, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions