Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Seriously Amazon a new Kindle?!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 165 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2013 7:31:11 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:34:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2013 7:36:18 PM PDT
doubt it, i like seeing whats new every year, the difference is i dont buy a model a year i am happy with my devices
EDIT for typo AND to add, you want to have the newest out there, well then you expect to pay the price

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:38:30 PM PDT
Apple has been putting out a new tablet every year (and last year put out two), so Amazon is following the competition. You don't have to have the newest device.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 7:39:13 PM PDT
A. Sisk says:
You will never be "on top" of technology. It will keep advancing and adding more bells and whistles.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 7:41:38 PM PDT
JES says:
Seriously, why don't you know that company's who produce electronic devices always come out with the next generation 12 to 18 months apart?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 7:44:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2013 7:44:57 PM PDT
Loz says:
Do you understand how technology works? There is always, ALWAYS, going to be something new on the horizon. You have to decide when the right time for you is to buy, but still realise that there will be something newer right around the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 7:55:25 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
If the rear facing camera (and any other improvements) aren't worth the cost of buying a new device to you, then continue using your existing one. Nobody's forcing you to buy the new device if your existing one meets your needs.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:01:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:11:42 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
Tell me why last years model couldn't have had a rear facing camera.
Why did YOU buy last years model if it didn't have what you wanted on it?

Amazon is not responsible for your purchasing decisions. You are an adult & responsible for the decisions you make.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:12:30 PM PDT
Artist says:
Oh, did Amazon tell you that they wouldn't bring out a new Kindle until yours stopped working?

Grow up. The rest of us shouldn't have to wait because you can't control yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:15:10 PM PDT
"Tell me why last years model couldn't have had a rear facing camera."

To give you something to complain about?

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:17:28 PM PDT
What is making me so mad is last year I could have gotten a galaxy tab that had a rear facing cam. But I stuck with Amazon because I like there platform. And the customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:20:12 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
So, you are mad that you made a decision that you are not happy with - why act like you are mad at Amazon? They didn't make that decision for you - you made it all by yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:23:59 PM PDT
King Al says:
Unless Amazon forced you to buy the Fire instead of the Galaxy, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:25:38 PM PDT
firstworldproblem

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:31:38 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:45:11 PM PDT
King Al says:
You clearly don't like Amazon. Quit whining and go buy a tablet that has all the features you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:49:53 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
Sounds like you have been making decisions that you are not happy with. Amazon never made you buy any Kindle - it was all on you to buy what would make you happy.

Sorry that you don't buy things based on what you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:50:17 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
Yes, this. +1

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 8:56:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2013 8:56:21 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
So you would be happier if no Amazon customers could get those features, because you made a choice to buy the wrong thing last year?

How would your life be better if Amazon didn't bring out a new device at all? Is your happiness reliant in some way on knowing no other people can have something you don't?

Is this the critical thinking they teach in schools these days?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:00:02 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
I think this is one of those special snowflakes that thinks the world should revolve around their wants. Just sayin...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:06:09 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
Again... no one is "making" you buy anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:13:18 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
So progress, innovation, and product updates should stop once you buy a product? Do you still have an old black and white TV?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:22:03 PM PDT
So if you like Amazon and want to stay with them, do so. And recognise that by making that choice, you'll be sacrificing other features. Conversely, if you buy a Galaxy (or whatever) you'd be sacrificing the access to good customer service and the Amazon ecosystem. That's a choice entirely in your hands.

You might actually have to...gasp...WAIT for the features you want in an Amazon device. But you don't have to buy every upgrade, and no-one is *making* you do so - in fact, think yourself lucky you can afford to!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 9:39:16 PM PDT
Artist says:
NO ONE is making you buy a new Kindle. Grown ups don't have to have every little thing that they want -- unless they can afford it. Buy it or don't buy it. NO ONE cares!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Billing 2 5 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 4044 10 minutes ago
Kindle life span 52 10 minutes ago
Downloading to a computer to transfer to a Kindle. 11 15 minutes ago
Returning Kindle Unlimited books without requesting new books 0 34 minutes ago
In error purchase on 7/26/16 2 35 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 7795 41 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5760 48 minutes ago
Oasis Giveaway Update 94 1 hour ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2294 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  165
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions