Initial post: Feb 23, 2012 2:56:34 PM PST
JAN says:
I am wondering if I can use my cell phone charger for my Kindle Fire

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 2:57:31 PM PST
Artist says:
Yes.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 3:00:10 PM PST
JAN says:
Too many chargers to carry back and forth. Is that a definite that no harm will come to the Kindle Fire?

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 3:13:14 PM PST
T. Cook says:
Can't say no harm will come of it since you haven't said the voltage and amperage rating of the charger, not to mention what type of connector is at the end of it for if it'll fit into the Kindle Fire.
But very likely there should be no harm since a Fire needs more power than a cell phone.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 3:25:00 PM PST
If it is a USB charger it has to meet standard for voltage and minimum current. It won't hurt the Fire, but it could charge it much more slowly than the one that comes with the Fire. You might actually be better off carrying the Fire charger and using it to charge your cell phones as it has a higher rating.

FYI the important rating is voltage - all USB chargers are .5V, and so won't damage any USB-compatible equipment. The current rating will vary from .5A up, but this only affects how fast it can charge high-current devices (like the Fire), it cannot "over current" any device.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions