Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Wed. Jan. 9, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 341 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 9:57:39 PM PST
Courtney says:
Today, I'd love to hear one positive thing about you.

No back peddling, and it won't be considered bragging. I think that quite often we are in the habit of noticing everything that everyone else does better than us (at least in our heads, or from our perspective!). So I want to read something about you that's awesome. Maybe you make the best chocolate chip cookies. Maybe you tell the best bedtime stories. Maybe you have taught yourself french:) Whatever it is that makes you feel proud, please share it.

"The day is what you make it! So why not make it a great one?" ~ Steve Schulte

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars." ~ Og Mandino

"Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives." ~ Anthony Robbins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Links to daily free book sources:

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS **
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

STARTER SCHEDULE

Starter Schedule:

JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 10, Start Time around 11 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 11 Start Time: 12:30am PST
Zoo Keeper - Saturday, Jan. 12 Start Time: before 6 am EST
KayKay - Sunday, Jan 13 Start time 12:30am EST
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 17, Start Time around 11 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 25, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Leo Little - Monday, Jan. 14 Start Time: 12:00am PST
Open Dates:

***** STARTERS NEEDED *****

Tuesday, Jan. 15
Wednesday, Jan.16
Saturday, Jan. 19
Sunday, Jan. 20
Monday, Jan. 21
Tuesday, Jan. 22
Wednesday, Jan. 23
Thursday, Jan. 24
Saturday, Jan. 26
Sunday, Jan. 27
Monday, Jan. 28

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. If you have the desire, but not the knowledge, please ask. We are happy to give you the confidence boost and the knowledge to create a start.*********

Book Discussion:
Our next book discussion is on January 10, 2013 about the book NOT FREE In Deep Voodoo (Mojo, Louisiana humorous mystery series #1) NOT FREE also found in NOT FREE Love Can Be Murder (boxed set of humorous mysteries) NOT FREE

Yesterday's link
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1R4UYL9GPT22G

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:01:48 PM PST
Trying to stay true to G-d in the face of adversity.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:04:18 PM PST
EmilyB. says:
Winner of the 2002 Edgar Award for Best Novel

Silent Joe by T. Jefferson Parker

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:25:18 PM PST
Lyn says:
Nothing like a hard start to the morning :)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:45:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 7:39:06 AM PST
Thought I would bring this over since I posted it so late...
Can anybody think of any others?

This is the one from one of my other threads...

DH...dear husband
DW...dear wife
DS...dear son
DD...dear daughter
MIL...mother-in-law
FIL...father-in-law
DIL...daughter-in-law
BIL...brother-in-law
SIL tricky...can be son-in-law or sister-in-law
GF...girlfriend
BF...boyfriend
SO...significant other
GS..grandson
GD..granddaughter..
OMG...oh my God
LOL...laugh out loud (lolol would be laugh out loud out loud but some people like it for emphasis)

To costomize for our thread we would need to add...

DTB...dead tree book, a "old fashioned" book made with paper and ink
TBR...To be read
ROTFLMAO... Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off
ROTFLOL...... Rolling on the floor laughing out loud
OT............... Off topic
Bump........... Bumps the thread to the first page
ETA.............. Edited to add ....... Used when editing a post to include something
ETC.............. Edited to correct ... Used when correcting a post for spelling, grammar, etc.
Yellow Banner...The small stripe at the top of a product saying that you already have that book..

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:51:24 PM PST
 nospin  says:
Thanks fir posting Emily!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:55:48 PM PST
Hi Sandy! I would add.....

ROTFLMAO... Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off
ROTFLOL...... Rolling on the floor laughing out loud
OT............... Off topic
Bump........... Bumps the thread to the first page
ETA.............. Edited to add ....... Used when editing a post to include something
ETC.............. Edited to correct ... Used when correcting a post for spelling, grammar, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:11:41 PM PST
Thank you for starting us off today Courtney. I appreciate the time you take to be a starter when you're so busy with your toddler.

Something positive about myself, hummmm, you'd think that would be an easy question to answer. It requires some thought. I am a good cook and baker. I owe that to my mother who was also a wonderful cook and taught me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:37:41 PM PST
Added them...

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:02:32 AM PST
Just found these....

Glycemic Index Diet
and
Dairy Free Diet

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:42:54 AM PST
Carla says:
Thanks for the start, Courtney.

A positive about me??? I had to think about that. I'm too used to thinking about my weaknesses, rather than strengths - so that trait is *definitely* not a strength.

Ummm..... Okay. I'm going to write down the one thing that keeps popping into my head, when I ask myself that question... I'm resilient. And another one, I'm a good judge of people, so I happen to have great friends around me. :-)

Some freebies for today (evening here):

Cute Cats From Around The World - what can I say? I like cats? I like the fact when they choose to like you, they really mean it. None of this sucky-up dog business ;-)
Inner Diva - presumably chick-lit, as is the following:
Pink Slips and Glass Slippers

Lots of yellow tags today, but that's okay. My Kindle's pretty contented looking anyway!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:10:34 AM PST
A few picks to start the day...

Taking Out the Trailer Trash - Mystery

People are dropping like flies at the Happy Times RV Park and Charlene is afraid she might be next if she doesn't figure out why. The gig as manager of the park in a small town on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi seemed perfect for a writer trying to find time to write her second book, until a resident is found with his brains splattered on his tacky old couch.
Charlene is not alone, she has people to help her out or maybe get her killed. Gus is a good looking cop with a secret past. Maggie looks like everybody's idea of a perfect grandma, but Charlene finds out she was once the richest madam in the Dixie Mafia. Dave, who may or may not be on the FBI's most wanted list, is a ZZ Top look alike with the hots for Paula Deen.
Will secrets from the past be the death of her or will Charlene along with Boo, Loretta, and Jinx, her trio of neurotic animals make it out alive?

The Volkov Affair (Sizzling Romantic Suspense) - Mystery

On a mission to find three kidnapped girls, the team of international security agents use one of their own as bait; A move as daring as it is dangerous.
* Her father's sins; her lover's crime
* Their dangerous past comes back to threaten her
* Only their cunning and bravery overcome the evil men out to wreak their revenge

"A spellbinding suspense filled international adventure coupled with a sizzling SEXY romance. Yum!" Sneaky Romance Reader

Dangerous men and women fighting unspeakable evil? Can't get enough of Shannon McKenna, Pamela Clare and Cindy Girard's steamy HOT romantic suspense? Grab The Volkov Affair and prepare to be wowed!

Discovering Nowhere - Contemporary Fiction

Moira Jeffers' contented life as a stay-at-home mom becomes a free fall when her husband dies and she must surrender her beloved stepson to his workaholic mother. Floundering, Moira grabs on to a surprise inheritance, her husband's childhood home in a Midwestern town she'd never seen and had always thought of as Nowhere. Discovering her husband harbored secrets in the town makes Moira's arrival there anything but a soft landing. When a visit by her stepson and his newshound mother threatens to destroy the social fabric of the tiny town and reveal its heartaches, Moira must choose between her love for her stepson and her desire to protect a place she never expected to call home.

A story of motherhood, friendship, and the hidden power of the dead over the living by Lisa Bork, author of For Better, For Murder (a 2009 Agatha Award finalist for Best First Novel) and the Broken Vows mystery series.

The Faithful One - Contemporary Fiction

Seth Jacobs has it all -- a successful business, a mansion in greater Boston, a beautiful wife and three loving children. Yet, in a series of events beyond his control Seth loses everything, including his health. Struggling to find some understanding amidst his pain, Seth's faith is challenged further by his wife Maria, who betrays him, and even his friends, who suggest that perhaps God has His reasons for inflicting so much suffering upon him.
At the end of his rope, Seth meets Lucille O'Hanlon, a young yet wise social worker who tries to help him realize the spiritual solution he so desperately seeks. Lucille also begins to fill the void left by Seth's losses, and as they grow closer together, he must finally determine if their relationship is of God's Will or just his own.

Seth questions God as we all do in times of hardship. With Lucille's help, he finally receives an unexpected answer to his despair and is faced with decisions that will determine the new path his life takes. A modern-day story based on the Book of Job, The Faithful One inspires us all to have a little faith no matter what.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:24:37 AM PST
ebook addict says:
from my watch list, may be repeats that I missed the 1st time:

Tennessee Touch, Sisters of Spirit #6
Fatal Episode 3 : Season 1 (Fatal - The Series)
Ghetto Medic: A Father in the 'Hood

I think these are 1st time free:
Honor Code (A Mystery Novella) - Mystery
A Baby And A Wedding - Romance
Too Wilde To Tame (Wilde Series - FULL LENGTH NOVEL) - Erotic Romance
Merkaba, a supernatural suspense series (Walk the Right Road, Book 3) - Suspense
Blood and Snow (#1 Blood and Snow series)
The Girl and the Genie
Mimi's Mix - A Book From Each Series! - Bundle

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:25:49 AM PST
ebook addict says:
Yellow banner for me but free again:
Liquid Lies (Mystery, Thriller, Suspense) Mystery/Thriller
Stolen Secrets (Sisters of Spirit 3)
Snow Dance (Dance 'n' Luv Short Story)
The Volkov Affair (Sizzling Romantic Suspense)
Dirty Little Lies (Sexy Suspense)
The Heart of Lies, A Paradise Valley Mystery: Book Two
The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan Series)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:26:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 1:43:06 AM PST
Ketta says:
Good morning, all... I guess my small claim to fame is that I lost on "Jeopardy!" but I tend to think of myself more as an "artsy-fartsy" kinda person than only a spermologist. I paint, sew, make jewelry, play piano and guitar, create digital artwork and have a couple other crafts I like to do on a sporadic basis. Yeah, I know, way more than one thing, but Ive got run-on thoughts this morning.

From my wishlist today:
Blood and Snow (#1 Blood and Snow series)

Learn Me Good

ETA -- those that expressed an interest in sites to snag some free digital scrapbooking kits, please drop me an email at kettapeters at gmail.com -- got lots of sites to suggest, but since it's not book-related at all, thought I'd take it private.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:38:28 AM PST
Elizabeth, Thank-you for your gift of NOT FREE NOW SERIAL NOT FREE NOW.... Somebody was talking about it the other day and it sounded very interesting. I look forward to reading it...

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:17:52 AM PST
KayKay says:
@ Snowlady - guess I made up a few of my own for gd - granddaughter and gs - grandson and here is the link to the original list I first had when I found this group.

freebooksandchat.mamasylvia.com

@Courtney - Thanks for a great start. I'm guessing you work well under pressure to come up with a good one so fast. :)
I will have to search for the positive about and post it later.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:22:39 AM PST
KayKay says:
STARTER SCHEDULE

Starter Schedule:

Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 11 Start Time: 12:30am PST
Leo - Monday Jan 14, Start Time 12:00am PST

Open Dates:

***** STARTERS NEEDED *****

Tuesday, Jan. 15
Wednesday, Jan.16
Saturday, Jan. 19
Sunday, Jan. 20
Monday, Jan. 21
Tuesday, Jan. 22
Wednesday, Jan. 23
Thursday, Jan. 24
Saturday, Jan. 26
Sunday, Jan. 27
Monday, Jan. 28

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. If you have the desire, but not the knowledge, please ask. We are happy to give you the confidence boost and the knowledge to create a start.*********

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:46:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 2:49:09 AM PST
I'll pick up a couple more days, but we have lots of open days that need to be filled. Please consider picking a day to start the thread. It can be a very simple, no fanfare opening if you are busy.

Starter Schedule:

Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 11, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Leo - Monday Jan 14, Start Time 12:00am PST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 15, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 24, Start Time: 12:30am PST

******************** STARTERS NEEDED ********************

Open Dates:

Wednesday, Jan.16
Saturday, Jan. 19
Sunday, Jan. 20
Monday, Jan. 21
Tuesday, Jan. 22
Wednesday, Jan. 23
Saturday, Jan. 26
Sunday, Jan. 27
Monday, Jan. 28
Tuesday, Jan. 29
Wednesday, Jan. 30
Thursday, Jan. 31

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:56:25 AM PST
The Kinlib update just came in....

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 02:52 AM PST (385)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/63f8/

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:40:13 AM PST
Great start! One positive thing about me...no backpedaling... I've always thought there were people put on this earth to "serve" and I tend to do my best work when I set aside my ego and do just that. As a secretary, and that's what I actually like to be called (not an executive assistant, thank you very much!), I have many opportunities to help other people's work go more smoothly.
Everyone have a great day!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:06:24 AM PST
dinkyd says:
My positive is looking after my animals be they pets or the wild ones. After a manic day at work I will always make sure the animals are fed and the dog is walked before anything else. we have a large assortment of bird feeders around the garden and these as re topped up daily along with the squirrel feeders. that's my one claim to being a nice person animals first everything else second place.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:07:23 AM PST
EmilyB. says:
@Nospin, Thanks for thanking me! As you know, I mainly stick to posting in the "Discounted" thread but every now and again I venture here. I appreciate all the great freebies everyone here finds.

Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days) by Susan Ee

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:33:52 AM PST
Thanks, Carla. I picked up Cute Cats From Around The World. I, too, am a cat lover.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:34:38 AM PST
Morning everyone! Sets out a pot of coffee...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
does Fire stick work on older HD TV's? 114 1 minute ago
Amazon Echo 8691 5 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4573 6 minutes ago
Why would I want to turn off Page Refresh? 2 13 minutes ago
SCAM ALERT 166 19 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7928 23 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - April 2016 930 27 minutes ago
Why don't kindle books start in the Cover? 157 32 minutes ago
i forgot my password but don't want to reset it to factory default what do i do? 97 34 minutes ago
Stop Recommending KU Books Already Borrowed 7 39 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions