Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Why is my kindke Fire need recharged every day when I barely even yse it>

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2013 7:02:36 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
My di I have toi recharge a progrically unused Kindle Fire every singke day? Is the something wrong with my Kindle Fire

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 7:11:04 PM PDT
even if you aren't using it - if the wireless on it is enabled, it is going to be seeking a signal and that will wear down the battery

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2013 7:18:02 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
Is English your native language?

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 8:13:48 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2013 8:43:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2013 8:43:38 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
Indeed. I rest my case.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013 6:21:54 AM PDT
You are making absolutely no sense. Are you ill?

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 6:43:30 AM PDT
Mary McManus says:
The Fire should not need recharging every day if you aren't using it. I don't use mine often and yes, it does discharge even when not being used because it is connected to wi-fi, but I would say that it only requires charging maybe once a week under those circumstances. Is it possible you have an app engaged which is drawing power from it? Call customer service and see if they can solve your problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013 7:00:57 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
Teresa, if you aren't going to be using it, consider shutting it down, rather than just letting it sleep. Hold the power button in for a few seconds and you'll see the option. The lithium ion battery will still discharge, but much more slowly...while it is sleeping there are a number of things it can be doing, and as others have noted, the wi-fi is a particularly big consumer of battery charge.

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 7:09:48 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
I figured out that if I turn of the wireless when not using it, the battery lasts for day.

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 7:12:27 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2013 8:16:15 PM PDT
I call cow pucky.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:25:03 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
I'm a little bit confused by your comment. Is it supposed to be helpful in some way? I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:26:50 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
Yes I am....sorry

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:27:35 PM PDT
Of course you are. Nope, not at all intended to be something you'd find helpful but then, I don't feel obligated to help.

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 12:45:14 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
And you feel the need to come back almost two weeks after your post to make sure everyone knows we really should be feeling sorry for you. And then stick around to comment on current comments. "I figured it out" and one comment, apologizing for your incoherence and explaining it, would have been sufficient. The more you hang around and comment on others' comments, the more dubious your claims seem.

This forum has a long history of people making medication claims, serious illness claims, destitution claims and others, all to cover up alcohol and bipolar or other mental issues, not to mention propensities to just throw hissyfits when they feel offended.

An excuse for a behavior does not mean the behavior never occurred.

If you want people to accept you on the forums and you plan to continue to post here, your best bet is to not post unless you believe you are rational at the time. If you're a drive-by casual poster and don't plan to continue to visit the forums, then you won't care what you say, and we won't have to care what you say either. Got it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:45:56 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
I bet you sweet talk everyone like this...you doll you! This world would be lost without important people like you. Damn, who would be have to not give a damn about anything. Glad we have you for that! Thanks...You do your job and you DO IT WELL! BRAVO!

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 12:47:16 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:
Thanks for the warm welcome my mistake I thought there were adults here....bye bye...

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 12:47:27 PM PDT
Anne Shirley says:
I rest my case. Thank you for illustrating it so plainly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:50:48 PM PDT
Sweetie, if you're going to get THAT EXCITED about how well someone does his or her job, maybe you should be looking at your doctor. At the very least, consider hiring a good lawyer. Oh, wait. Don't tell me, you have a son or daughter who's a lawyer, dontcha, Lambypie?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 1:12:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 23, 2013 11:15:21 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 4:58:30 PM PDT
SoCalGal says:
I've read a fully charged Kindle Fire will last 11 hours: is that a good assumption? I'm trying to assess if my Kindle would cover a flight from Los Angeles to Amsterdam (more or less). It won't be on all the way over, but with turning it on and putting it into sleep mode, then on again later -- that will suck juice. So I'm wondering if it will make it -- or do I have to bring a book as backup?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 6:58:00 PM PDT
Arual says:
I don't know if it'll last that long. You can experiment before your trip, I suppose.

I bought this when it was a daily deal, and it works well for me. Maybe you could look into something like it: Aluratek APB02F Dual USB 8,000 mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPod, iPhone, iPad, eReaders

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 7:37:45 PM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
If you keep your brightness level as low as possible, keep the Fire in airplane mode the entire time, and are using it primarily for reading, you may be able to stretch 11 hours out of it... but my guess is that it will be closer to 8-9 hours.

If you plan to use it where it is constantly sucking power (like games or watching video), you will see a marked decrease in your battery life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2013 2:33:17 PM PDT
Teresa Stump says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2013 2:37:01 PM PDT
Riiiight. You're the only one on the planet who's ever known chronic pain. Honey, you need drugs alright but not necessarily the ones you're on in the massive overdoses you're taking.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions