Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Unlimited Question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2014 7:28:33 PM PDT
Just signed up for Kindle Unlimited Books. Understand this will cost me $9.99/month. Want Dean Koontz The City. Shows on my Kindle with a Kindle price of $11.84. Should I not be charged since I am paying the monthly $9.99 fee? Please advise.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 7:35:13 PM PDT
Sherrie K. says:
I don't think it's one of the unlimited books. It tells you on the description page if the book is included among the 600,000. Not all books are.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 7:35:37 PM PDT
The City: A Novel is not on the Kindle Unlimited list. You will not be able to borrow it.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 7:35:38 PM PDT
Sherrie K. says:
I don't think it's one of the unlimited books. It tells you on the description page if the book is included among the 600,000. Not all books are.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 7:35:56 PM PDT
DittieFurkey says:
Unless the product page specifically says it's a Kindle Unlimited book, it's not and you will be charged the price indicated in the Buy button.

That being a Random House title, it is not included in KU.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 7:36:17 PM PDT
only 600,000 books are part of the Kindle Unlimited program at this point. If a book is part of the program it will say kindle unlimited on the product page. With the book you mentioned it is not part of the KU program. If you want to read it now You will have to pay $11.84 in order to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 7:50:14 PM PDT
Zanzibar says:
Some people shouldn't sign up for anything without a parent or guardian checking it out first and then explaining it to the person. My advice is to check with whoever fits that category in your life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 8:06:43 PM PDT
None of the Big Five publishing houses are participating at this point.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions