Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Any way at All to keep 'stuff' from Ending up on the Carousel?!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2013 10:45:53 AM PST
Title says it all!
I use the Post here about 'free' books and What a Pain to clear those out. and some even come back after I clear them out!
Other than all of those getting added to the Carousel I like the Carousel!

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 10:49:08 AM PST
Nope. Amazon considers the Carousel a feature. If you ignore it, and just use the tabs for the various choices (Web, Books, Apps, etc...) you'll stop even noticing it.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 10:53:32 AM PST
Loverly!
Today on my Replacement HDX7 that has the very same blue fringe for which it was sent to replace the tech was trying to give me 'The blue bleed thru is a Feature'! I gave her a what for but I'm not getting an HX7 #3! nor any further credit <sigh>

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 11:10:59 AM PST
B. Marks says:
While nobody likes the blue it really is a feature. One that a lot of people might prefer not to have. :)

They have a blue light to correct the color in the display to give them the device the nearly perfect color accuracy. I haven't seen an HDX yet so I don't know how bothersome it is. If it's there all the time it would bother me. If it's just there in very dark scenes I'm not sure.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 11:28:27 AM PST
Carbonbased says:
Actually, you can only see it on all-white pages, like this web page. I suspect the blue fringe is what keeps white light from bleeding around the edge in very dark scenes. It's noticeable but not annoying (to me.) When all this kerfluffle started a week after release, I pulled up this forum page and handed the device to my extremely tech-averse brother. I asked him if he could see the blue and he agreed it was visible. I told him about the blowup and he was baffled. I had previously had him watch a video (good quality, not HD) on it and the only thing he noted was that some of the action was blurred.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions