Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do you delete multiple emails?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2011 5:22:11 PM PST
Dana H. says:
Can't figure out how to delete multiple emails at once in my comcast accouso. I can only delete one at a time. Is there a way to do so?

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 6:24:03 PM PST
BJWright says:
I couldn't in the regular email but they offered Enhanced Email app free the other day and it lets me delete mass emails. Probably isn't free now but it works.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 6:58:20 PM PST
baseverson says:
When you're in the email add provided with you kindle fire go to the menu button, click edit lists. From there you can select multiple emails and delete them all together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 4:45:24 AM PST
Thanks! This was very helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2013 9:22:27 AM PST
What menu button?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2014 8:13:26 AM PDT
Objective says:
There is no "menu" button. in the Fire HD email app, at least nothing that allows selection of multiple emails.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2014 10:09:37 PM PDT
S. Mitchell says:
This workaround did it for me. Open settings, long press your account, select length of time to keep messages, change to 1 day. Go back to inbox, select messages, delete them. Go back to settings and choose reasonable length of time to keep messages. Only the messages from today that I didn't delete remained.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2014 11:33:11 AM PDT
Atlas says:
Thank you!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2014 6:00:49 PM PDT
Pat Schulz says:
I don't have any of those options

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 1:20:49 PM PDT
Jennfier N. says:
On 10/23/14 I was told that in about a week, an update to Kindle Fire HD will have a solution to deleting multiple emails. In the meantime, open your email. Swish open your email settings from the left hand side of the screen. So take your finger from the left edge of the screen and pull right. This will open your email settings. Tap on Settings. Tap on your EMAIL PROVIDER (this is counter intuitive, you'd think you'd be tapping on General Settings, but no, go to your email provider, in my case Verizon). Tap on Store Messages. For Verizon you have the many options for storing messages on your device. The shortest duration is 3 Days, the longest is ALL which I guess means forever. Until they find a better solution, this should work. Sure beats clicking on each email and pressing delete.

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 7:47:53 AM PST
D. Guay says:
I have gmail and what I do is:
At the bottom of page, I switch from mobile to desktop that puts a box at the top you can use to select all for deletion. When you click it, it will delete all on the page or if you want to select all in your spam folder you also have that option. If you select all it states that all will be deleted are you sure? Just click it and all will be deleted. Then just go back down and change back to mobil.

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 6:34:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2015 6:34:44 AM PDT
kerrisa says:
the menu button is the 3 horizontal lines at the top right

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 6:56:48 AM PST
nevik says:
Hi.
I just purchased a kindle fire 5th generation, and after completing my e mail set up, had nearly 5000, e mails come through.
I tried everything to multi delete these messages, tried doing a google search, & then found the above solution. I followed the above advice, set mine to sync to 1 day, deleted my e-mail account, set it back up, & all old previous e-mails had gone from my inbox. Tank you so much for your help. Kevin

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2016 6:57:40 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2016 6:58:06 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2016 6:58:21 AM PST
nevik says:
Hi.
I just purchased a kindle fire 5th generation, and after completing my e mail set up, had nearly 5000, e mails come through.
I tried everything to multi delete these messages, tried doing a google search, & then found the above solution. I followed the above advice, set mine to sync to 1 day, deleted my e-mail account, set it back up, & all old previous e-mails had gone from my inbox. Tank you so much for your help. Kevin

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2016 6:58:59 AM PST
nevik says:
Hi.

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 5:14:46 PM PST
Edd says:
Kindle Fire update eliminated mass email delete. It seems that you now have to delete each email separately. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 8:07:33 AM PDT
LMRM919700 says:
Amazon...Who doesn't have multiple delete emails option?? The round about way is a pain in the ass! To delegate them individually means having to open them..there are times when I know its suspicious email, with viruses that attach the second you open them..why I mass delete any mail when I do not recognize the sender

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 10:37:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 3, 2016 4:18:17 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 10:38:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 3, 2016 4:18:17 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2016 11:17:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2016 11:19:42 AM PDT
In the inbox/msg list, tap the circle on left side of email msg, see a checkmark, once you've marked all that you want to delete, hit the trash icon.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2016 1:26:24 PM PDT
Pat Orlando says:
Thank you! You saved me so much time- Pat O
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
how do i transfer books from my kindle to my computer 4 3 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 7882 6 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 9176 8 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 734 10 minutes ago
My new Oasis 17 12 minutes ago
How do you return an ebook borrowed from local library? 15 14 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 6420 17 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 184 21 minutes ago
E Readers 21 24 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 3079 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2011
Latest post:  28 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions