Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon, you need to make it possible to transfer 1000 books from old kindle to new kindle in a FEW STEPS, not 1,000 steps.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2014 2:55:30 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 2:58:47 PM PST
Lauren, you are not talking to Amazon. You are talking to other customers. This has been discussed in hundreds of threads already but if you want Amazon to know, then use these emails -
kindle-feedback@amazon.com or kindle-fire-feedback@amazon.com

The main reason that most of us guess this is not allowed, as it would cause the Kindles to lock up trying to index that many books at once.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 2:59:31 PM PST
J. Gatie says:
Why do you need 1000 books all at once? Just download them from the cloud as you need them.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:16:11 PM PST
If you moved 1000 books at a time to a Kindle, it would choke. You need to move no more than about 20 at a time, to give it time to index the books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 3:17:03 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
Why are you loading all the books you've ever purchased onto your device?

Why not leave them in the Amazon Cloud and download them when you want to read something new?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 3:25:43 PM PST
Even if you read a book a day, how many do you need at once?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 3:31:15 PM PST
PS56k says:
You do realize that ALL your books are avail to you from the Amazon/Kindle cloud all the time...
you just have to point to the cloud and click on the books you want to physically download to your Kindle.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:40:42 PM PST
K. Rowley says:
This is on sale right now... Just saying...

The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life @ $1.99

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 3:49:48 PM PST
The Artist says:
No, they don't *need* to do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 4:02:18 PM PST
PS56k says:
@K - for just $1.99 - ordered it - maybe it will help me to clear out my filing cabs & office...

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 4:34:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2014 4:38:00 PM PST
DLee says:
This just baffles me. I've seen several posts over time on this same topic. Why would someone feel the need to load so many books on their Kindle when they can be gotten at any time from the cloud - albeit, assuming one has access to wifi, but still ... is it a lack of understanding of how Amazon manages your library? Or perhaps not understanding your books don't disappear if you delete them from your device? I truly don't get this. EDIT: This is rhetorical on my part, but still ... <scratching my head>.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 4:40:39 PM PST
seedlady says:
i know. i read a book a day pretty regularly, so i keep 250 on each kindle, because i figure any day i finish the Very Last One, i'll just download some more.

so far, that day hasn't happened.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 4:49:15 PM PST
bookcrazy says:
i have a couple of thousand books in my cloud. I put only the books I have NOT read on my kindle and that is about 650.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 4:54:47 PM PST
In the past, people have said they have large libraries of non-Amazon books. That's the only case where I could see storing a thousand books on a device. Besides, it's better to have the books stored on a more robust storage device like a PC, USB, home private cloud. One little oops with the Kindle you're pretty much SOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 5:10:55 PM PST
USB is a connection methodology (technology), not a storage device. You connect via USB to things.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 5:12:33 PM PST
A USB stick

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:13:34 PM PST
Carbonbased says:
Without any backstory, I tend to imagine one:
OP reads that a Kindle will hold 1000 books. OP purchases cheapest device available and *loads a thousand random SPA books, regardless of file size or content. Poor abused Baby K begins to get really sluggish. OP demands a replacement device, which Amazon provides...lather, rinse, repeat process from *

Call me a pessimist, but I don't foresee a favorable outcome.

When I replace a device, I use that opportunity to review which books I really need to carry around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 5:32:18 PM PST
~nospin says:
In those cases, use send to kindle to get it on the cloud.
I have about 50 I had to convert and then sent to kindle.

They are still in myk

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 9:09:19 PM PST
Maybe the person asking the question, thought the books had to be loaded on the device itself. The cloud for Amazon might be a confusing area for the person.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 10:38:00 PM PST
Why the OP would want 1000 books on her Kindle at a time is their business--and her right for that matter.

However, she does have a point. It is a PITA to have to download books one at a time. It would be nice to be able to send more, and I'm not sure why the restriction is imposed. Some of us like to have more than one book on our Kindle at a time. The Cloud is nice, but it isn't the be all and end all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 10:38:51 PM PST
Loz says:
Use Calibre, can send multiple at one time...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 11:34:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2014 11:37:33 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
Paperwhite and Fires are really quick at downloading books - you can downlod from their Clouds as fast as you can tap the screen and swipe to get to the next page of listings

and it's much, much faster from the device rather than your Manage Your Kindle page

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2014 1:35:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2014 1:35:51 AM PST
The Artist says:
It's because every word of every book you download has to index. Send 1,000 books, and your Kindle will not be happy.

People can have as many books as they want on their Kindle. They just shouldn't complain about things without understanding the reason.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and $79 Kindle
0 7 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Thanks for making Collections MUCH harder to use 0 1 minute ago
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 5713 5 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat (FB&C) Wed thru Fri, 19-21 November 2014 217 5 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 5855 6 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 1469 8 minutes ago
Question about Harlequin Bundle pricing 3 8 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 3989 15 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 1262 16 minutes ago
FireOS 4.5.1 - sound sporadically adjusting? 9 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions