Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon Video Library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2013 8:57:06 PM PDT
Hi all-

I have purchased movies, tv shows that I know I can stream on my computer and tablet (not Kindle), but can I somehow download to watch these offline on computer or tablet? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 9:00:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2013 9:06:41 PM PDT
KessaJo says:
After rereading your post, that would not have helped. Sorry about that.

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:13:25 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Looks like you can only download the videos to a Kindle Fire for offline viewing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 9:18:55 PM PDT
Artist says:
If you purchased them, you can download them to your PC but not to a tablet.

You have to download the Unbox media player first. I'm sorry, for some reason I couldn't find the Help page for the Unbox media player. Maybe that's changed recently. Contact CS for info.

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:26:03 PM PDT
Thank you, my Amazon comrades!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 9:45:32 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
"I'm sorry, for some reason I couldn't find the Help page for the Unbox media player."

To download Unbox, go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/player

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 5:55:42 PM PDT
Tami S says:
Movies and TV shows either purchased or rented from Amazon Instant Video can be downloaded for offline viewing on the Kindle Fires and on iPad/iPhone through the dedicated Amazon Instant Video app that Amazon provides in the Apple App Store.
I am not familiar with any other tablets.....but definitely doable on the Fires and iDevices.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 6:15:15 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Other tablets it cannot be done. Amazon has so far not provided a app for videos for Android videos. Many have complained and requested one with no success.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 6:22:11 PM PDT
Artist says:
Thanks for providing the link. I have found it before for people, but for some reason I couldn't find it last night.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions