Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

SD vs HD movies/tv on Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2013 10:42:35 AM PST
bdp83 says:
With TV seasons being nearly twice the price for HD instead of SD can you tell a noticeable difference to justify the price? This would be for use on the kindle itself and not on an HD tv

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 10:53:46 AM PST
bdp83 - I have a few TV seasons. I've always bought them in SD and they look fine. What is odd, is that half of them are now the HD version even though I only paid the SD price.

I have watched the SD versions on my TV and they look fine there, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 10:54:40 AM PST
Dragi Raos says:
Well, for my aging eyes DVD resolution (SD) is good enough. But only you can really tell - try with single episodes.

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 5:54:24 PM PST
bumbles12 says:
When I buy a SD movie on my kindle fire HD it has a little tag on my carousel that says it is a HD movie. I dont get why this happens.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 3:20:48 AM PDT
Just to be clear, can I order SD at the lower price and still watch on FIRE? I do not want to be stuck paying the higer price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 3:50:11 AM PDT
Yes, as I said above, I always buy the SD versions to watch on my Fires. To me, they look great.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 4:01:44 AM PDT
Super. Thanks

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 4:55:10 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
You also get the added benefit of the SD version being smaller in file size, which means they are quicker to download and take up less space (allowing you to have more on your Kindle).

Even if you pay the extra money for the HD version, you can choose to download a lower quality version of it.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 5:04:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2014 5:06:52 AM PDT
Josue says:
I've wondered what the difference is myself as I always buy the SD versions for the cheaper price but the tab always says that they are the HD versions. I'm not complaining either but the SD version look great on my Kindle Fire HD and on through the fireTV as well.

The shows and movies I've watched have been Hugo, Downton Abbey, How To Train Your Dragon, Band of Brothers and The Pacific. All have looked great!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 6:49:08 AM PDT
Thanks. Also, looking at the demo video, I still am not sure if you can watch Netflix on FIRE. Do you know?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 6:58:42 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
Sure you can, you just need to download the app and register it to your Netflix account. Link to that app below.

Netflix

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 7:03:20 AM PDT
Great. Thanks

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 2:21:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2014 2:22:15 PM PDT
George Smith says:
why are seasons purchased in HD *cheaper* than standard now on my older (non HD) Fire?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions