Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon site running slowly, pages not loading. Is it just me?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 192 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2011 8:19:27 AM PST
Chellb says:
The last couple of weeks I've noticed forum and book pages at Amazon are loading slowly or failing to load at all. Is everyone having this problem, or is something going on with my computer?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 8:20:33 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
No problems here.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 8:21:17 AM PST
Severel people, including me, have been experiencing this in the RAOK discussion, so it's not just you.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 10:39:32 PM PST
Chellb says:
Thanks for the replies. Glad to know I'm not alone. Hope it gets better soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 10:53:53 PM PST
No, it's been slow for me, too. In fact, I keep getting the "OOPS!" page.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 5:43:16 AM PST
Robert White says:
Using TimeWarner Cable, Google Chrome browswer, on computer connecting through wifi one through ethernet cable:
Since a month or so before Christmas, on both computers my wife an I use to try to connect to Amazon, we have most often needed to "refresh" pages several times (as many as 20) before they load completely. I have no problems connecting quickly with a Kindle Fire on the same network.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:40:47 AM PST
Chellb says:
Well, thanks for letting me know I'm (still) not the only one- and for saying which browser you use. I use IE, but I was thinking of getting another browser for this reason alone. Must not be my browser. I have At&t for my connection and it is not slow on other sites. I spend a lot of time looking at the freebies for kindle each day, and constantly having to refresh gets old.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:46:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 25, 2012 6:46:59 AM PST
T. Cook says:
When any website is problematic, try it on different browsers and/or different computers.
If they all have the problem, then the problem is the website.
If they do not all have the problem, then that will help you narrow it down.

Else try traceroute and see if it breaks down/gets bogged down. I did that for a blog I read, a server in the pathway was timing out, thereby blocking access to the blog, so the website wasn't down, the pathway to the website from my location was broken.

Oh, and I am not having an issue with Amazon: IE/Firefox, WinXP/Win7.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 7:09:36 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 7:16:26 AM PST
Diana, is your wireless on, and are your Kindles able to connect? I've left my wireless off while impatiently waiting for a book more than once. ;-)

If you can connect, you can resend the book from your Manage Your Kindle page.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 9:46:42 AM PST
Was having same issue. Switched from google chrome to firefox so far things are moving normal again

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 6:57:01 AM PST
mid-mo mom says:
I was having problems when using firefox, just switched to google chrome and it's better for me! :)

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:36:12 AM PST
D. Selvy says:
I was having problems with Chrome and IE. Firefox seems to work okay. Are the any solutions coming for Amazon??

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 7:25:14 AM PST
I am having a similar problem but it seems to be isolated to my Fire. Pages wont load when I tap a link... the link will highlight but then nothing else. I can sometimes use a long tap to follow prompts to open the link, while other times I have to stretch the page to enlarge the link then tap to load. This is driving me nuts! It takes forever to navigate through the web and it seems to be worse on Amazon. I don't know what has happened to cause this because until a couple of weeks ago the problem had never occurred. I'm beginning to think my fire has some sort of glitch and may need to have it replaced. (I just keep hoping that it will go away as mysteriously as it appeared...)

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 12:14:10 PM PST
I also have had somewhat of a similar problem for the past two weeks - I was traveling in Ireland (I live in Texas) and could only get the first page of these forums to load - anytime I tried to look at a particular topic, the page would not load (it simply sat there saying "Loading") .... But, other forms on other websites did not have a problem ... and, when I could snitch some time on my wife's iPad, it did not have a problem with the amazon forums. Very strange.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 5:19:09 PM PST
Cicsos2, I think something must be wonky with our Fires. I'll call Amazon CS and post a response here tomorrow... I'm feeling too lazy to do it tonight. Who knows maybe tomorrow I'll up and all will be well, but I doubt it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:25:07 AM PST
I am having this issue too. But seems it is complete across all browsers/computers/ipad etc.

I am to the point of no longer wanting to shop at Amazon.com because of this!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:27:19 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
it's Christmas day and everyone is trying to get their kindles registered, use gift cards, etc - it's to be expected today

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:29:59 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
I'm having no trouble at all. Have bought many books today (including audible.com editions) and things are VERY fast for me - both devices, apps, and web site.

Check your own infrastructure. Is your access via web to other sites also degraded?

I doubt this is an "Amazon" problem but, please, feel free to jump to conclusions and blame them.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 7:53:41 PM PDT
dave says:
U are 100% correct. It's NOT the browser I've used them all. It's NOT your computer either. I've used Windows and Apple. IT's AMAZON. What the hell is their problem? This has been going on for a very long time. Pages just don't want to load. Too many people are having this problem. Amazon needs to fix the problem now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 7:59:27 PM PDT
You're kidding?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 8:04:09 PM PDT
 nospin  says:
You might want to check your computer.
Millions of people shop daily on Amazon without a problem.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:35:21 PM PDT
Zombie thread.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:58:25 PM PDT
Chellb says:
When I started this thread nearly 2 years ago, I ended up switching to firefox, which did help. I use firefox for everything now. I just tested with Internet explorer and the pages came up fine with it. Amazon hasn't been slow for me in ages.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 6:38:52 PM PST
Prospero says:
This is getting crazy. I'm having so much trouble with the website. It takes a long time to load, it freezes often, and it has been going on since last December!! What is up with the website??
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Oasis Giveaway Update 3 2 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2395 7 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 9361 8 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4814 9 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3969 11 minutes ago
Kindle life span 36 27 minutes ago
Fire stick drops network connection 1551 46 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2219 46 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 7789 48 minutes ago
Send a book to the cloud 12 55 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  192
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 22, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions