Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Taking books off broken kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2012 10:14:47 AM PST
Sharon Sevy says:
How do i do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 10:16:43 AM PST
If they are books you bought from Amazon, you don't need to. They are owned by your Amazon account, not the device. If you bought them elsewhere, that's a different story and you may have problems recovering them.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 5:11:57 PM PST
Connie Lusk says:
Gave my broken kindle away. I could not delete books already on it. I thought it would be a non issue,until I found out the person I gave it to could see what's on there when he connects it to his laptop. He said he was unable to erase the book tiles. I already deregistered. What else should I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:15:20 PM PST
Connie - If you've de-registered it, that's enough. If the books were purchased from Amazon, they are still on your account and can be downloaded to another Kindle or Kindle reading app.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:16:45 PM PST
flipoid says:
If the Kindle is broken, why would you give it away? If the person you gave it to can get to the Settings menu, he can do a factory restore, which will set the Kindle back to the way it was when new.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:26:39 AM PST
Connie Lusk says:
He asked for my broken kindle for the parts. He then connected it to his laptop for some reason and told me there was a bunch of books on it and when i told him to erase them, he said he couldn't. So i was just wondering if there was a way i could access my old broken kindle remotely to reset it to factory. I'm worried he will be able to access my archives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:29:50 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
Connie, if you de-registered your Kindle, he will not have access to your archives. He only has access to whatever is on the Kindle. Although, if it is broken, he may only be able to see them but not access them. But don't worry about your archive. It is safe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:32:23 AM PST
Sheila (NJ) says:
If you deregistered it the only thing he will be able to see is the books you already downloaded to it. If he were to reregister it under his account all your books would disappear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:47:53 AM PST
Connie Lusk says:
ok, thanks Mary Jane and Sheila.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:51:10 AM PST
flipoid says:
Nope, as long as, as Mary Jane and Sheila said, you deregistered your Kindle from your account, he won't be able to access your Archives or your Amazon account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 28 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 Jun 25, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
original kindle 4 28 seconds ago
karin fossum, "the indian bride" 0 2 minutes ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 4617 4 minutes ago
Help--kindle text inverse disaster 2 4 minutes ago
original kindle 3 6 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 9096 11 minutes ago
Older Gen Kindel to Paperwhite 4 11 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 5135 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions