Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

What happened to the new apperance of the MYK page.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2014 5:25:06 PM PST
GDabney says:
I liked the new look of the Manage Your Kindle page showing the book covers, now today it's back to the way it was showing the books listed by title. What happened, I loved the new look.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 2:00:21 PM PST
PS56k says:
on the new page -

toward the top, on the far right side edge of the screen...
next to "Your FreeTime Profiles" - there is a search icon, and then a grid vs line icon.
- one is the covers
- one is line items... still in new format

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 3:29:38 PM PST
GDabney says:
Thanks for your response, but I no longer have the new screen, my MYK screen is showing book titles. No search icon in top right corner of screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 3:41:47 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
I believe Amazon is still working to remove some bugs from the new MYK page, so it is still in a state of flux until they resolve those issues.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:46:43 PM PST
I am thrilled that Manage My Kindle is back to the old way for now since I can now access all my books instead of only A-M, that second half was not accessible. I have confidence Amazon will figure this out.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 4:00:38 PM PST
Miss Carol says:
I never even got the new page the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone was talking about eventually!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 5:40:47 PM PST
GDabney says:
Thanks, Tinker-bella, I liked the new look of the MYK screen, hopefully it won't be long before I'm able to access the new screen again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 5:57:10 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
You're welcome, GDabney.

Amazon is always working on updating and changing/trying out new formats to the website, however, in this particular case there were a number of noted bug issues with the MYK layout, (e.g., people with very large libraries unable to access their content, sorting and deletion options that didn't appear to work as intended, MYK page layouts not appearing the same in all browsers).

Amazon relies quite heavily upon user feedback, and I believe once they see what does and doesn't work with the Kindle community at large, you may likely see a redesign rolled out again.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 6:13:27 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I still have the new page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 6:16:37 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
Don't you run Linux, JJ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 6:18:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2014 6:18:42 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Of course I run the most powerful and secure operating system in existence :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 6:22:13 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
I'll bet those running Linux has the talking heads and coders in a tail spin right now (for reasons I shall keep to myself). :)

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 8:29:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2014 8:40:12 AM PST
D. Durand says:
I have the old format back, except I can only sort by date. Actually the down arrow is to the right of the date, but clicking on it doesn't work.

I just opened up MYK with Chrome and it works fine.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:26:58 AM PST
mike palmer says:
The old format is the absolute worst, so while I haven't seen the new format, I can't imagine it's any worse.

And it's not even the format that bothers me about the old way; it's the fact that you can only really do stuff one book at a time, and it has to reload completely after everything. Sure would be nice to be able to do a search for a handful of books and delete them all at once. Stuff like that.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 9:32:05 AM PST
D. Durand says:
I would love to see merged into MYK so I could sort to see what books I haven't read all in one place.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
4 12 hours ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 20 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 20 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Amazon Echo Wink Voice Commands 39 1 minute ago
Uploading Itunes Music to Kindle Fire 24 4 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 7315 4 minutes ago
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 2712 8 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 2630 10 minutes ago
app not available 12 12 minutes ago
Expiration date on credit card 2 15 minutes ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 1013 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions