Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire cloud

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2012 5:39:31 PM PDT
J. Hare says:
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete/remove access to the 'cloud' on a kindle fire? I am letting my kids use it and have books in the 'cloud' that aren't appropriate for kids. I have deleted them from the 'device' but they still show up when you tap on the 'cloud'.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:47:28 PM PDT
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:03:45 PM PDT
Arual says:
Fud, just STOP, will you?

J. Hare, I copied the following from the Fire help tips. (You can find more by clicking on Help on the top of this screen, then poking around.) I've also heard good things about Kids Place - With Child Lock, though I have no experience with it myself. Also, go back one screen and type "Parental Controls" into the "Search Customer Discussions" box. You'll find all sorts of information from other posts. All the best to you and your family.

Setting Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
With the latest software update available for Kindle Fire, you can enable Parental Controls to restrict access to the music, video, books and other content on your Kindle Fire, Wi-Fi and Internet access, and purchase and download access.

To enable Parental Controls on your Kindle Fire, tap the Quick Settings icon, then More, then Parental Controls, then switch Enable Parental Controls to the ON position. Follow the onscreen instructions to set a Parental Controls password. You'll then see the options to enable various Parental Control settings.

You will see a Key icon to the right of the Quick Settings icon whenever Parental Controls are enabled.

Kindle Fire also supports parental controls for in-app purchases through the Amazon Appstore.

If you forget your password, you can reset your device to regain access. Resetting your Kindle Fire to the factory default settings will delete all content on your device and you'll need to register it again before downloading items from your Amazon account. To reset your Kindle Fire: tap the Quick Settings icon, then tap More, then Device, then Reset to Factory Defaults.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:08:16 AM PDT
J. Hare says:
Wow, sure didn't expect such a rude response. This doesn't at all seem to be the appropriate forum for you to vent your anger.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:09:00 AM PDT
J. Hare says:
Thanks for your polite and helpful response.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:19:32 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
J. Hare,

Arual's advice is good and if you have young children Kids Place with Child Lock makes an excellent complement to Amazon's Parental Controls. You can, indeed, prevent your children from downloading books in the Amazon Cloud to the Kindle Fire in several ways. (i.e. password protect your wifi, password protect access to books, set up Kids Place to provide access only to apps and features you authorize within Kids Place, etc.)

What you CANNOT do is SELECTIVELY provide access to some books and prevent your child from seeing that other books are in the cloud. You can prevent them from downloading them, but not from being aware the books are there.

This latter feature is widely requested but it's considerably more complicated to implement than it might first appear. And for many users it would introduce problems that Amazon would have difficulty resolving.

So, if you truly wish to keep some books completely private and their existence not visible on the KF, the only solution is to purchase a separate device (such as a traditional Kindle) and register it to a different account, altogether. If you do so, however, you'll have to purchase the "private" library again and delete those books from your original account by going to your Amazon account page on the web and deleting them there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:23:43 AM PDT
J.Hare - Just ignore Fud. Most of us do.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:38:25 AM PST
just ran into this problem myself. Why would I want my 11 year old to see 50 shades of gray in my cloud library? I understand that he cannot download it without the parental control password, but I don't want him to see it. Removing internet access is not an option as one of the reasons I purchased this device was for him to watch netflix also as an example. Just seems like basic functionality Amazon needs to add to make this device more family friendly. Add cloud block within the parental controls... how difficult is that? If the company is not competent enough to figure this out then so be it... stop advertising that this is a family-friendly device... because it is not at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:48:10 AM PST
dfn.ninja says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 7:41:35 PM PST
Deborah Cyr says:
Been messing with my the KF we just bought my daugher. It seems like you can either read all books or block all books. Why can you not just down load the books you want then parent protect the cloud to prevent down loading the other books. It should be that simple. People are looking for a rating system on the books or anything complicated like that. Why can we not just down load the books we want and Lock the cloud access.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 201 13 minutes ago
Kindle fire hdx 8.9 5th generation 8 14 minutes ago
print out a listing of my kindle ebooks 3 14 minutes ago
Music 3 15 minutes ago
I miss the carousel on my Kindle Fire 134 15 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2280 17 minutes ago
Stripes on camera screen 10 20 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1898 23 minutes ago
Kindle Reader app vs Kindle Fire 8.9: Discover Audio Upgrades 0 30 minutes ago
Video unavailable 2 36 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions